Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bit the bullet and sold my car. With everything changing so quickly, I couldn't justify hanging onto it much longer.

I don't know how familiar most of you are with winter time in the Midwest, but it's terribly unforgiving. It can go from 54 F and sunny to -10 F and snowing in a matter of minutes without warning and I've been caught out in that car and in that situation more times than I was comfortable with. It's extremely nerve-racking to be driving on a major highway and to have your back end fish-tailing the entire way home. Half the time, I couldn't even get into my own driveway in that kind of weather. It just sucks to have the torque and the power of the motor working against you like that 4-5 months out of the year.

It'd also become very inconvenient without the backseat and minimal cargo space. Transporting servers was next to impossible and large amounts of networking gear and/or workstations was a pain in the ass. Grocery shopping had to be done in "spurts."

Looking ahead, I realized I would really regret not having the extra seats in just a few months. At the moment, we have three people in our household. I could only fit two of us in that car, but we made it work at times. In just a few short months, we'll have a new addition to the household. She will require a car seat, so there's no longer a way to get around that limitation.

With so much stacking up that wasn't in the car's favor, I had to let it go. I'm sad to lose the car, but I think we'll be much better off in the long-run. I used this opportunity to help my company benefit from the equity in my trade-in.

Prysora Solutions, Inc is now in possession of two brand new fully-loaded 2009 Ford Fusion SE's. They're identical in every way....well, almost. Both are painted in metallic tuxedo black, have V6 engines, include Microsoft SYNC, sunroof, SIRIUS satellite radio, leather, sport package (18" rims, spoiler, sport-tuned suspension), 6-disc in-dash mp3 cd player, etc... The only difference is that one of the cars is going to have LCD screens and dvd players installed in the driver and passenger headrests. I really didn't expect much walking into the dealership, but Ford is running some amazing deals right now. We got 0% financing for the entire 60-month term and about $8,000 in rebates. This car has way more "toys" than the Z and at a drastically lower price. Microsoft SYNC is totally kickass and leaps and bounds above the voice-recognition/hands-free systems in Nissan vehicles. In the Z, people said it sounded like I was 10 feet from my phone and it would echo, but with SYNC, nobody can even tell I'm on a hands-free system.

While I'll miss the Z, I have to say that the utility, comfort, and convenience of the Fusion will make it hard to ever regret my decision. Besides, it's not like I can't spring for the more-powerful 370Z or the GT-R as a "play" vehicle in the future when I get a bigger garage.

I'll take and post some pics later.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,479 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that Flare. :( I spent a few months in Chicago during the winter season back in '04. I nearly wrecked my car when I hit a patch of ice while trying to make a turn. After that, I only drove when I absolutely had to and got back to driving recreationally after the snow finally dissipated.

I suppose snow is a large part of why I live down south: it rarely snows here, so I can keep my summer street tires on all year.

If I had the cash to spare, I'd have one car for work/family and one car for "play", so I understand where you're coming from.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Argh whered that stop posting gif gooooooooooooo

*prepares to slap Flare85*

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
But Japan needs the money for loli's and cosplay waitresses to stay employeed!

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
no... america just needs to stop existing and become the 51 states of brazil.

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
A Zonda probably costs more then half his entire company. Zonda's have a base price of $500,000...and can hit 7 figures in a hurry

·
band
4,912 Posts
aceloop you made my day.

Anyways, good job on the logical and mature choice Flare85. Waiting on the pictures :)

May I ask why you decided to go with Ford instead of GM? Personally, I think the Chevrolet cars look better and on average it seems to me like among the North American manufacturers, GM makes the better cars in terms of reliability as well.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Anyways, good job on the logical and mature choice Flare85. Waiting on the pictures :)

May I ask why you decided to go with Ford instead of GM? Personally, I think the Chevrolet cars look better and on average it seems to me like among the North American manufacturers, GM makes the better cars in terms of reliability as well.
Thanks. I'm still trying to get over the loss a bit. Going for a drive just isn't the same as it used to be. I really wish they made the V6 Fusions available in manual, but I did the best with what was available. Still waiting to hear back on when the screens and the DVD players come in.

To be honest, I'm not really a fan of any of the US auto makers. I've always disliked GM and Ford's style. Dode/Chrysler & Jeep (somewhat) I find to make more appealing cars for my tastes, but they're worse when it comes to reliability and I also considered that Daimler Chrysler is in the worst financial shape right now. What attracted me to Ford and specifically the Fusion was that it shared (or at least was based on) a chassis and other components from the Mazda 6, which I like. Since my uncle works at the specific Ford dealership I purchased from (Woodhouse), I caught wind of the promos Ford was offering. The auto manufacturers are desperate and I couldn't resist the $8000 in rebates or the 0% financing. We walked away in a better situation than when we walked in. Both my business partner and I will have the debt from our personal loans removed from our credit reports, the company will own and manage the two vehicles (better for tax purposes), and we froze the interest on our original loans with the 0% financing offer through Ford. Even with the 5.24% APR I had on the Z, I still considered the interest to be a burden. You can't beat having every payment go 100% towards the principal.

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
Flare, you know the drill n ow. You need to install a 5 inch coffee can, and a whistler intake. Fashion an effective spoiler out of cardboard. Up your street cred son:p

·
PC game modder
6,949 Posts
I might have to buy my first car one day:p

1 - 20 of 40 Posts