Next Generation Emulation banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
qing256 said:
hey Kaiser how is the driver on X800? the only reason I hesitated about ATI is cause of its driver and well we all know the history of ATI drivers lol
Granted I've only used the drivers which came with the graphic card, so far I've no complaints... I've tried some really old games (ie: Oni, Warcraft III) as well as some rather new ones (not by much tho... like Tomb Raider AotD, Rainbow Six Raven Shield) and they didn't have any issue whatsoever. I've only encountered one error in BG II when trying to run the game with OpenGl (further reading on Interplay's forums revealed that all radeon cards have this issue) and another one with a plugin for a N64 emulator which was quickly fixed by downloading the latest version... again, so far I've no complaints, the card performs as it should.

Samor said:
well, apparantly it's not a bg2-friendly driver. ;p
I miss the soft edges of the Fog of War but other than that the game plays just fine... as long as you don't try to use the hardware acceleration ;)

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Kaiser Sigma said:
Granted I've only used the drivers which came with the graphic card, so far I've no complaints... I've tried some really old games (ie: Oni, Warcraft III) as well as some rather new ones (not by much tho... like Tomb Raider AotD, Rainbow Six Raven Shield) and they didn't have any issue whatsoever. I've only encountered one error in BG II when trying to run the game with OpenGl (further reading on Interplay's forums revealed that all radeon cards have this issue) and another one with a plugin for a N64 emulator which was quickly fixed by downloading the latest version... again, so far I've no complaints, the card performs as it should.

I miss the soft edges of the Fog of War but other than that the game plays just fine... as long as you don't try to use the hardware acceleration ;)
:( Sad to hear this, since I always wanted to play the same game again on the new computer, but it has a Radeon 9200se :(

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Well, as long as you don't try to use the hardware acceleration you'll fine... it still plays like a charm...

WEXP said:
I know I'm quite late but... Congratulations! That's a really great system ;)
Thanks ;)

61 - 65 of 65 Posts