Next Generation Emulation banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
cooliscool said:
1024x768. Nope, not a bit choppy. Yup, I was really suprised myself.

I've installed 1.3. What's Geometry Instancing? Does simply installing the patch have it enabled?

Think you need to go into the console command and type \r_geominst 1 or something. There is a way to enable it. Gotta read the readme file though, Oh and you need that CCC..

Yeah I totally agree about SS and Sat. controls.. my two biggest gripes about having an ATi card. Coincedence?
ATI thinks super sampling has too big of a performance hit (who cares we dont use it for its performance) and they for some reason think they can do DV already. Of course I heard they have a "Radiancy" feature coming with the new CCC.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
A new CCC? Wasn't there just a new one released? :p Honestly. I used SS on my GF4 Ti simply because it looked great.

I'll try Geometry Instancing in a while, and take some shots with AA/Aniso with Fraps on and post em up. :)

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
cooliscool said:
A new CCC? Wasn't there just a new one released? :p

I'll try Geometry Instancing in a while, and take some shots with AA/Aniso with Fraps on and post em up. :)

Cool Lemme know. Not that we havent seen enough Far Cry already. But curious anyway :) Anyway, When/if I getthat 6600GT AGP card thats supposed to be sent to me. I'll be comparing it directly to the 9800 Pro.

Damn not only did I effectively make kaiser a thread, I also derailed it.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Yeah I agree.. so much Far Cry, but I'm posting them simply for the FPS. ;)

I want a 6600GT.. you know when AGP versions are supposed to launch?

edit: hah, yeah. Sorry bout that. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
cooliscool said:
Yeah I agree.. so much Far Cry, but I'm posting them simply for the FPS. ;)

I want a 6600GT.. you know when AGP versions are supposed to launch?

This month according to my sources. I'd expect wide retail availability in December. All I know is I am supposed to have one a little sooner than they hit retail. From what I can tell its gonna be pretty nice.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Kaiser Sigma said:
So like... now I have a decent GFX I have to update my drivers on a periodic basis? Just wondering... :p

Not really. Thought it wouldnt hurt either. ATI has a confusing driver package. best bet is to avoid downloading control pane ect and keep the older control panel. Dunno.

·
Registered
690 Posts
congrats kaiser!!! I got my machine updated too, dfi mobo's are sooo sweet! the only thing with my computer is that I have a geforce 3 lol

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Wow congrats you lucky batard:),now let's not derail this thread anymore:).

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Kaiser Sigma said:
Benchmarks? What for? I just want to play some games ;)
Heh, I don't think BG2 will change much with your new hardware Kaiser :p Congrats anyway ;)

I just got specs close to yours; just exchange the X800 with a WD Raptor :D

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
ChrisRay said:
Not really. Thought it wouldnt hurt either. ATI has a confusing driver package. best bet is to avoid downloading control pane ect and keep the older control panel. Dunno.
They're still offering two packs: One with CCC and one with the old Control Panel.

[]s Badaro

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Badaro said:
They're still offering two packs: One with CCC and one with the old Control Panel.

[]s Badaro

Actually I was referring to him being on Dial up. Where he'd want to avoid updating control panel for a faster download ;p

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
And how exactly did Kaiser get this new PC? :p I think I have an idea ...

/me slaps ChrisRay

Hey no one can steal the fanboy image from me! nVidia wh0re!

·
Jyushi Bismark
2,561 Posts
Oh my, Sigma showing pics of himself and got a new l33t PC, guess its save to go to hell now, since its frozen all over. Nice doing pal. ;)

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
Razor Blade said:
And how exactly did Kaiser get this new PC? :p I think I have an idea ...

/me slaps ChrisRay

Hey no one can steal the fanboy image from me! nVidia wh0re!

You have lost the fanboy image I'm afraid. You only get to keep Ultra fanboy mode when you go out and buy a high end PC :) unfortunately you havent bought new tech in a while so its now a lesser fanboy! but thats ok! lesser fanboys are probably the smarter of the bunch! :rotflmao: because they dont waste nearly as much money :smash:

21 - 40 of 65 Posts