·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Athlon 64,
1 gig of memory.
200 gig hard drive.
ATI Radeon X800 Pro.

Since he's too shy to post it I thought I'd congradulate him instead. After owning a TNT2 up until this point I bet he's literally wet himself with the new graphics. I'll make sure he sees this thread so we can all congradulate him! :idea: :laugh:

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Death to you Lord of Darkness!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kaiser Sigma said:
I ain't a fanboy you graphic whore!

Read above! I totally updated the reply. *sigh* Fanboys these days, Dont even know how to properly bench there machines! oO

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Haha.

So true. Fecking fanboys!

:heh:

/me Cries. :cry:

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
ChrisRay said:
Read above! I totally updated the reply. *sigh* Fanboys these days, Dont even know how to properly bench there machines! oO
Benchmarks? What for? I just want to play some games ;)

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kaiser Sigma said:
Benchmarks? What for? I just want to play some games ;)

Obviously you dont understand the importance of e-pen0s measuring. This is an activity me and Demigod engage in nightly.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
ChrisRay said:
Obviously you dont understand the importance of e-pen0s measuring. This is an activity me and Demigod engage in nightly.
I know.. how can you have a machine like that JUST for games? Your e-pen0s is probably about.. alot bigger now! :laugh:

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cooliscool said:
Haha.

So true. Fecking fanboys!

:heh:

/me Cries. :cry:

Hey thats some good fillrate there for a 4x1 card! 0_o

cooliscool said:
I know.. how can you have a machine like that JUST for games? Your e-pen0s is probably about.. alot bigger now! :laugh:

Well actually the forums .. I visit and generally tend to hang out in make my e-pen0s feel pretty small. Not that unsatisfied. I am in a unique position I can usually get what I want :| So long as I'm not too demanding anyway. :rolleyes: Say Cool. Werent you gonna get a FX 5900 or a 9800 Pro?

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
I suppose the 550MHz core speed helps? ;)

edit: uh.. nope. Never planned on it.. musta dreamt it. :p I never planned on getting this but I had the money in hand so I went ahead. :p Not a bit dissatisfied. I will take that 5900 of your second rig's hands though, if you want. ;)

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
cooliscool said:

Ya.. 2,200 fillrate. Not bad at all. Thats got a put a nice pummel into any 9500 Pro card. I am hoping and expecting to see a 6600GT soon to test out. That'll be fun.

I always wanted a 9600XT, Looks like a fun card. Specially for overclocking.

cooliscool said:

edit: uh.. nope. Never planned on it.. musta dreamt it. :p I never planned on getting this but I had the money in hand so I went ahead. :p Not a bit dissatisfied. I will take that 5900 of your second rig's hands though, if you want. ;)
R300 cores are somethen else. I bet you can get some pretty decent anti aliasing and anisotropic filtering out of those guys too. Though I never played Far Cry on a 9600XT, they are much better at shaders than the 5900 line.

I will take that 5900 of your second rig's hands though, if you want.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Chris: I noticed that.. I can run Far Cry at 6xAA/8X Aniso with High preset and it runs f00king great.. that's the biggest thing I've noticed about this card, I'm able to run at insane AA levels maintaining good speed. :)

edit: ahh whoops, just read your sig and noticed the 5900 is gone.. what happened to it?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cooliscool said:
Chris: I noticed that.. I can run Far Cry at 6xAA/8X Aniso with High preset and it runs f00king great.. that's the biggest thing I've noticed about this card, I'm able to run at insane AA levels maintaining good speed. :)

At what resolution? Thats pretty impressive. Not choppy at all? :) You should check out the new far cry patch and enable Geometry Instancing. It may require a DCC hack but instancing made a large difference on my 6800 and 9800 Pro

edit: ahh whoops, just read your sig and noticed the 5900 is gone.. what happened to it?
Just decided after using a 9800 Pro for a while and a 6800 card that the 5900 line really wasnt all that spectacular. It fullfilled my needs for what I needed. But the 9800 was over all a better piece of hardware. I just wish ATI would get off their limp arse and support Super Sampling and Saturation controls.

P.S. Oh these forums are nice. I can be totally "un official here" cuz no one who watches me reads them ^^ :innocent:

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
1024x768. Nope, not a bit choppy. Yup, I was really suprised myself.

I've installed 1.3. What's Geometry Instancing? Does simply installing the patch have it enabled?

Yeah I totally agree about SS and Sat. controls.. my two biggest gripes about having an ATi card. Coincedence?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts