Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
イタルナル11 said:
nice freebee, a present from relative? man that thing costs some serious cash.

Oh. Well, Actually it came from a friend who works for Microsoft. But ya. You get the idea. I am in a unique position to where I have some pretty good contacts. This thing is amazing though. I cant believe the video quality of the LCD.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Wow thats really cool. Now i wish my ipod played videos. Oh yeah have fun converting videos into wmv. They should had supported divx to get people more people buying that player.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
INCA said:
Wow thats really cool. Now i wish my ipod played videos. Oh yeah have fun converting videos into wmv. They should had supported divx to get people more people buying that player.

Hehe hasnt really been that much of a problem. On my second rig with slows HDs and an athlon Xp 2000+ processor it only takes like 10 mins to convert a 1 and hour movie.

Edit: Actually I converted Lion King 2 and Lion King 1 from Divx and watched them tonight. Heh

·
Registered
833 Posts
I think everyone is envious of you. I remember converting to divx few times and it took forver. Well gonna see how long it will take for me to convert it with my new pc. If you could what settings and program did you convert to wmv?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
INCA said:
I think everyone is envious of you. I remember converting to divx few times and it took forver. Well gonna see how long it will take for me to convert it with my new pc. If you could what settings and program did you convert to wmv?

It's called the #1 Video converter, Sorry all I'll be back in a few. Argh. Oh btw. Keep in mind that you dont need large pixel movies for the screen. You can get away with smaller pixel sizes and save alot of space and time.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Not bad for free. But it's severe lack of support for open formats is bad (no Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, Xvid, DivX, PNG etc...).

• Windows Media Video and Photo Story files (.wmv, .asf) at a resolution of 320 x 240 pixels and at a bit rate less than 800kbps
  • Windows Media Audio files (.wma)
  • MP3 audio files (.mp3)
  • JPEG image files (.jpg, .jpg, .jpe, .jfif)

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
RZetlin said:
Have you tried to play movie files on the device yet?

Can you upgrade the codecs on the device? (Eg. FFDSHOW, Xvid, Divx, etc.)

Yes. I have played several movies on the device, Its extremely effect movie player. The screen has great quality and the volume. I have managed to watch several Disney movies on it. I found a great .wmv format for compression., 225 KB/s Bitrate for Pocket PC color screens. Fits perfectly on this device and gets great sound/Picture Quality.

So far they are about 130 megs for an hour and half of video (with no loss in sound quality). So I can store about 60-70 movies on this easily. Would be perfect for any kind of traveling if you get a special adapter. Paticulrly for long road trips.

The .wmv format is a minor complaint. But honestly. It's worth it in the end if you really want to experience this device at its full potential. Because you'll want to convert the movies you download/make anyway to better suit the device. As I mentioned above you can get a good 60-70 movies on here. Its definately perfect for us anime geeks. been able to compress full size anime movies down to about 30 megs a piece. And I have been putting the entire series of Angelic Layer on here. There's just so much space and so many videos.

·
General of Tangerines
3,934 Posts
ChrisRay said:
The .wmv format is a minor complaint. But honestly. It's worth it in the end if you really want to experience this device at its full potential. Because you'll want to convert the movies you download/make anyway to better suit the device. As I mentioned above you can get a good 60-70 movies on here. Its definately perfect for us anime geeks. been able to compress full size anime movies down to about 30 megs a piece. And I have been putting the entire series of Angelic Layer on here. There's just so much space and so many videos.
Since most anime videos are in the avi format, what program are you using to convert the video to an wmv format?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
RZetlin said:
Since most anime videos are in the avi format, what program are you using to convert the video to an wmv format?

I use the #1 Video Converter. It works well. And has a perfect on the fly codec for this device that has a good size pixel size for the screen.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts