Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought it today :) for a few reais. In american dollars, it would cost around $75. Two controllers, a generic memory unit and three games. The case is a bit scratched and dusty but it fully functional. I am really happy! :D

This is my second Dreamcast. The first one I had was back in 2001/2002. Then I sold it in 2003 and regretted about that forever. :( Dreamcast is one of my favorite home consoles, losing only to Nintendo 64, which I had when I was 10 and traded for a GBC! XD

I am looking forward on finishing games I have left behind in past, such as Grandia II, Omikron and Sonic Adventure 2. I am also tempted to try homebrew applications and games on it.

Yeah Highwind, I thought of you when I first held it on my hands. :D :p

Here are two shots of it, blurry because I took them with my Palm.

May the Dream live on forever! :D

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Congratulation! What were the games?

Some Dreamcast games are very expensive and hard to find...

·
I has got Anatidaephobia
1,345 Posts
I played Soul Age on dreamcast once and crazy taxi

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
indeed, you are one lucky man, i havent been able to find one of these in a year which is not including ebay.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
w00t Mire, I still remember your stories on MSN about the system. It really brings a smile to this mondaymorninggrimface of mine hearing that you finally managed to hunt it down. I hope it'll last twice the hours of mine (which is a LOT ;P). Enjoy it, and don't be afraid of the sailors. ;)

Ps. If you want an epic japanese shooter, try Baldr Force Exe (look it up online, though videos don't do justice as they only show the relatively weak first attacks). Fully japanese except for menus, but damn well playable, and has loli's in it.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Cid. I will try that, and ****ing REZ too! :D Yeah I didn't play it when I had my first DC.

striker said:
Underrated dreamcast game imo, sure the second one is better but i found the first one to be an enjoyable experience as well
i feel that with Starlancer. Goddamn good spaceshooter and nobody cares about it :(

·
The Master of Disguise
808 Posts
lol I didn't think people would buy a DC nowadays. I have one and haven't use it in like 7 years, still got some games that work like Ready 2 Rumble, Head Hunter, etc.... but the other ones are mainly scratched due to the disc case I put 'em in.

Hope you enjoy your new console, I only have mine as a collection, I doubt I will ever use it again though.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
So i bought some cast away dreams.......

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
You're just sour cause you purchased the wrong 9/9/99 product.

Dreamcast > FF8
FF8 on dreamcast would've been awesome.

Square went to the wrong console.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Thanks Cid. I will try that, and ****ing REZ too! :D Yeah I didn't play it when I had my first DC.

i feel that with Starlancer. Goddamn good spaceshooter and nobody cares about it :(
That hit me right in the ballz i so want a sequel for Starlancer and Freelancer :dead:

so whats the best gamepad for fighting games?

i cant play a fighting game with a good gamepad since sega saturn
I can't say that the d-pad on the Dreamcast controller was that bad for fighting games imo its better then the one on the Xbox.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.