Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Time Lord
1,989 Posts
It was working really well until a recent change in the code. Now all the characters are invisible. I imagine it will be fixed very soon though.

·
Lurker, pretty much...
296 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
lol does the Dolphin site not have the latest version? Their best has invisible characters, and the one I kept for a while (2000 series lol) had the characters all stretched out.

I'll just google the version you recommend.

Edit: I found this:

http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/source/detail?r=4575

But I don't see any download button nor can I find the files it talks about :(

Care to explain?

Edit again: I got Revision 4579, 18-25 fps :(

Core i7 920
ATi HD5850
6GB DDR3 1600MHz
X-Fi Forte

So what version of Dolphin is best for RE1?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
disable optimize quantizers
I tried this on both 4579 and 3972, fixed funny stretching, 24-30 fps :9

Will try on 4460 and some others in a moment.

Edit: Cannot find 4460, disabling that setting you mention artifacts my monitor at random intervals.

3661 works fine (minus monitor flicker/artifacts) but audio gets really staticy. At least the fps is 60 (but at some points it lags even though it says 60, I'm assuming it's where the GCN lagged too)

Are you guys sure RE is supposed to run like you guys say it does? Cause no build runs it without significant problems. :(

·
Time Lord
1,989 Posts
Yes, just tried it with revision 4393 x64 revision. Full speed and looking good. Check you have up to date drivers for your HD5850 and directx is most recent version.

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Yeah if you are a Resident Evil fan, the series runs GREAT with Dolphin. Resident Evil REmake (GC) and Resident Evil 4 (GC/Wii) are virtually perfect from start to finish.
Resident Evil 4 may be stable without crashes now, but it has quite large framerate drops at times just like Twilight Princess.

I'm still confident that slowdowns in some games such as Zelda Twilight Princess and RE4 is caused by some bug rather than the size or geometry of the scene.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Yes, just tried it with revision 4393 x64 revision. Full speed and looking good. Check you have up to date drivers for your HD5850 and directx is most recent version.
Thanks for the tip, will download that version

Sephy avatar guy: I will just play the PC version of RE4 (mods make it not all PS2-ish)

Edit: Thanks Gareth that build worked. Same with the raspy audio during the thunder storm.

One last issue. My monitor occasionally does some static flicker thing, a line vertically across the screen made out of static looking artifacts. I think it only happens at higher resolutions (right now I'm windowed)

and sort of off topic but: If you schoose a wide screen resolution, will is show more (true widescreen) or just crop the image or stretch it?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
google doesn't give me the results for the "flicker" thing I'm looking for, I also noticed I can't screen cap it. Better take a pic. It does it so quickly though...

Thanks for all your help though, I'll tweak the settings around before I post pics.

·
Time Lord
1,989 Posts
Using a widescreen resolution will stretch the image, or you can use the widescreen hack which works really well for most games, and causes glitches in some.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.