Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i'm new to psx emulation,and i'm hoping someone could help me out get started.

i have epsxe downloaded and all configured with the bios and everything, however, I would like to know how to create an ISO using my psx game cd and then use that file to play the game without the cd

if someone could provide me with a link that would help me out, or just explain it to me in a post, i would really appreciate it, thanks!

p.s. i have done a fair bit of research and am still clueless as to how this works...

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
well, i'd say use CloneCD or Alcohol120%. there are Game and Playstation presets in each program, respectively. the programs are fairly simple to figure out. just download them, and explore a bit :)

btw, someone else just asked pretty much the same question over here: http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55901 and i shall copy in what i said there too.

do you see on the left side where it says "Image Making Wizard". go in there--it's VERY self explanatory. however, see at the bottom where it says "datatype" and has profiles? make sure to select "playstation"

·
All Heroes Must Die
60 Posts
for your first start maybe you should try ISOProducer from aldo (http://www.aldostools.com/isoproducer.html).
i think it's easy to use to make an iso. cause it uses features from Peops CDR plugin, and i think everyone who knows how to play psx CD on epsxe should be familiar with it.

later you may use software such as Alcohol 120% or CloneCD to make one.
also there's Mooby's CDR plugin which has features to read CD track so we able to hear sound stored in that format.
browse more on this forum to know more deeply how to use those softwares and make the best out of them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks ya'll, that info helped a lot.

question: when i make an image of the psx cd, does it include sound/music?

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
yes, it includes everything. it's an image of the entire disc, it's like having the CD but on your hard drive ;)

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Be aware that the internal iso loader doesn't make th cd tracks sound, so you'll have to either load the isos using mooby's cd plugin, or a virtual drive and a cd plugin, just like if it was a cd. BTW, Alcohol can create virtual drives for you ;) .

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
well, not too many games use CDDA audio so it's not a big deal with using the internal ISO loader

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
buddyboy101 said:
hey guys, i'm new to psx emulation,and i'm hoping someone could help me out get started.

i have epsxe downloaded and all configured with the bios and everything, however, I would like to know how to create an ISO using my psx game cd and then use that file to play the game without the cd

if someone could provide me with a link that would help me out, or just explain it to me in a post, i would really appreciate it, thanks!

p.s. i have done a fair bit of research and am still clueless as to how this works...
ou can also post your pc specs, it'll be very helpfull make you configure your ePSXe :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts