Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Never,XP forever!

Votes: 4 13.8%
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just upgrade from Vista SP2 to 7 x86 and OMG i can feel the speed differences.Totally recommend for those who is using Vista dont know about XP.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
Yup, got everything ready for the upgrade :)

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
I can't buy the upgrade disc as i don't have vista... gimme your raksmey!

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I will eventually, maybe next year...I'm hoping to upgrade my PC, but I'll have to wait and see...

But I'd say within 3 years, by 2012, I think I'll have Windows 7...I'd be surprised if I didn't upgrade by then...

But yeah, there seems to be some hatred on people not immediately upgrading to Windows 7, why does my or anyone else's opinion matter? If you want to upgrade upgrade, if you don't want to do...I'm hoping this won't go into name calling like the other 3 Windows 7 threads...

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Yes, but pretty much every thread about Windows 7 has bias... :angry:

I don't think there are many people who will stay with XP "forever", I sure as heck won't, but I don't hate Windows 7 or Love it, it's just an OS I'll eventually use.

At the moment, I'm not in a hurry to upgrade and I have other things I want to save up to buy *hint a 360 next year?*...

·
Registered
146 Posts
OMG, i guess everyone will have their own win 7 thread XD XD lol, i bet when win8 out everyone will said win7 totaly ****ty rubbish :D
btw i'll stick with vista until i have dx11 card that i believe not very soon (also wait larrabe coz maybe this will kill dx)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yeah, the poll options are a little imprecise. I chose XP forever, but what I'm really meaning to say is that I'm not interested in Windows 7 or Vista. When XP loses its support (or perhaps even sooner) I'll probably take the plunge and start using either Arch or Ubuntu as my main OS and run the few Windows programs I need that don't have native ports in a VM with XP or in Wine.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Why can't people make polls without adding their own bias? XP was good for it's day. So was Vista. No major complaints. I'm still upgrading to 7, already have. Where's your unbiased poll option for that?
This. Although Windows Vista did suffer many issues, it's only half (at most) of it's own fault. Imagine if Windows XP never came along. What if Windows Vista never came along? No, it would not be as blissful if that were the case, as the way I see it, there needs to be mess ups for truly great things to happen, and Windows Vista becoming Windows 7 proves this. Sure, we might have this, or could have that, but what does it matter? We now know what Windows 7 is, and we wouldn't have it. If Microsoft just kept improving the same OS like everyone wants, we could still be on Windows 9x code. Anyone who thinks something is trash because something better comes out has no real grip on value, but rather is just jumping to the next big thing for the sake of it.

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
Multi-booting so far. No sense in discriminating against either the standard or the innovative. Advantage remains in favour of XP for smaller footprint for older systems, otherwise for more recent ones, personal preference and user comfort should be the deciding factor. Adoption for permanent installs tends to be wise to consider till after the first batches of fixes after general availability (or the SP1).

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Already have upgraded. Had it installed since Q1 this year (beta build 6956); using it as my main OS since May (RC build); updated to RTM build in July, though I still have XP on dual-boot ;)

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
im getting my system preped and ready to upgrade from vista to 7 atm.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.