Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one word to describe this game: awesome. While a lot of the tweaking that goes on in this series is hit or miss, this time Capcom seems to have gotten pretty much everything right. Even Zangief's piledriver is actually reasonable to pull off now thanks to the way they've tweaked him. They've actually removed quite a few things, the game actually feels like it's gone back to it's roots a bit. There is now only one type of super combo guage, each character has just one super combo and ultra combo, though oddly enough they've removed the ability to block in mid-air (which always seemed kind of strange to me anyway). The game's really challenging, though the final boss seems a tad too ridiculous. Beating him just on normal mode is incredibly difficult, can't even imagine beating him on higher difficulty levels.

Anyone else try this game yet?

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
I can't get the PC version until June 2nd, but I'm hoping it will be as good as the 360/PS3 versions.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Waiting for the PC version... god I'm so pumped for it. Ready for some major ownage to occur. :)

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Whilst I am all for supporting Capcom's PC ports I am afraid I will not be getting this unless it eventually (after a few months/years/whatever) ends up at $10, it simply does not interest me enough.

·
band
4,912 Posts
I don't think I'll be getting this game. I have Tekken 5 from PSN, SFII:HD and SF3:Alpha. If I got another fighting game, I would find it hard to justify to myself and my girlfriend...

Plus I'm already gonna get Killzone 2 from preorder from Amazon soon...

maybe when it hits the bargin bin.

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,454 Posts
I also will support Capcom PC marketing strategy.:D
Cant wait for PC release. :D

·
Miserable Bugger
1,090 Posts
I've got the game for my 360 and it is a pain in the arse.

I fully admit that I am not very good at one on one fighters but this game is ridiculously hard.

I was playing on the easy difficultly setting and I was getting beaten and thrown about like I'd stepped into the ring with Bruce Lee.

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Nice to hear that, I hope for some difficulty. :D
By the way I heard the X360 pad is not so great for it, might be one of the reasons you are getting your ass kicked.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've got the 360 version, and yeah, the D-pad sucks horribly for it. The control stick is working great for me, though... Makes everything feel nice and fluid. MadCatz has released some "fightpads" that are supposed to work really great with the game, and they look slick to boot:

Mad Catz Officially Licensed Street Fighter IV Accessories

I was thinking about picking up one of those, myself.

I can understand people who don't want to pay $60 for the game, I was hesitant to shell out that much for it myself. It's actually the first game I've bought for $60, and fortunately Capcom didn't disappoint in the slightest. It just feels like SF4 is exactly how the series should of always been, and I especially like how they cleared away a lot of the crap that was building up in the Alpha series. I will say that the grapplers (like Zangief and Abel) seem to be kind of overpowered in this game, Abel in particular being quite frustrating to fight.

My favorite character so far has to be Bison. I don't know what it is, but something about his gameplay mechanics seem to have improved... I enjoy playing as him in SF4 far more than in any previous SF game. Plus his Ultra Combo is really sweet.:D

I'm pretty curious about how the PC version will turn out. Hopefully they won't use some horrible DRM, though I imagine that the game will end up on Steam at some point anyway.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,651 Posts
360 d-pad pad isn't friendly on fighting games already... I tried it with the SF2 HD Remix demo and succeeding of supermoves became quite a bit more random.

I'm hearing a lot of good things about this one, just hope I can get to play a demo or something soon...

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Mad Catz's 360 controllers have a much better dpad than the official MS ones. I can't do consecutive diagonal moves with any sort of consistency with the MS one, and with the Mad Catz I'm unstoppable. :p

·
Menthol Flavored
3,925 Posts
Mad Catz's 360 controllers have a much better dpad than the official MS ones. I can't do consecutive diagonal moves with any sort of consistency with the MS one, and with the Mad Catz I'm unstoppable. :p
My wired MadCatz controller is many times better than the official 360 one. It just feels more natural to grip it imo. Though, I think that the D-pad sucks still on the MadCatz brand as much as it does on the official. I dread having to type text messages to others because the D-pad presses will make the onscreen highlighter go everywhere but where I want it to go, also trying to select a weapon in Gears of War 2 royally sucks ass because of the D-pad. I'll usually accidentally select 2 weapons that I don't want to before I actually get the weapon that I want to use. I couldn't imagine playing an actual fighting game using that dreaded D-pad.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
seems the 360 arcade sticks work on pc as well...
Didn't I mention I like using the DOA4 joystick for CPS2/3/Neo Geo?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I got it yesterday and i love it. Im already playing online with it ,
my favorite fighters are Ken Ryu and Sagat . Seth is a cheapskate , he always pawnz me every second round. so i set the round to one in arcade to finish unlocking my characters. And i beat it with sagat on the hardest setting setting for one round and 30 secs.
Its crazy how much them joysticks cost STR8 INSANE , ID RATHER MAKE MY OWN

AW YEAH I FOUND A COLLECTORS EDITION FOR PS3 , and its on hold for me as of right now for $79 , im getting it tommarow ^_^

1 - 20 of 36 Posts