Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw at www.retrogames.com that SNK has finally closed its doors.. NO more KOF serires from them.. Damn it sucks.. SNK had some of the coolest games.. Samurai showdown 2(the best of all the SS IMO) was a great game..
SNK was the only 2d games company who was giving CApcom some good ol competition.. O well, CApcom hasn't been making many arcade games lately either so.. And I was waiting for a sequal to GArou Mark of the Wolves..

·
Registered
310 Posts
the news was a bit late should have checked madman's cafe a few weeks ago, but it sure sucks that SNK had to go it was one of those great arcade game makers right up there with Capcom(sniff..no more KOF...sniff.. no more Metal Slug... waaah!!!!). But they didn't go without a bang KOF 2K1 is coming out!!! chack it here:Madman's Cafe

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Well we knew that this day would come !! Let's enjoy what they have left LB , KoF , SS , Metal Slug and many more !!! This is a said day for all !:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
310 Posts
> think kof 2001 is being made too. not positive.

it IS coming out! they got screen shots already plus they already showed it to the public in JAPAN! check the above link
btw Metal Slug 4 is being made by another company

·
8+ Years
2,796 Posts
I heard all the character of SNK was sold to some company in South Korea. And Kof 2001 is being made in Korea.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
My God...

I'm sorry for the ignorance, but I didn't know that SNK was leaving... my God, this is such a serious news...

The SNK I grew up watching so far... the KoF series, SS, FF, AoF... (Art of Fighting II was one of the best beat'em-ups ever made).

But... does someone know the reason...? Was it money or something...?

:( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry:

S

·
0 Posts
capcom vs snk 2 was made by capcom recently...amazing fighter...

and yes, snk was in financial trouble

·
Registered
775 Posts
more than 10 years

It was the strongest system that ever lasted, and a respected one to. It will be missed indeed.

My first neo-geo game, that I played was way back in the '90's

it was called "Ninja Combat":cry:

·
Registered
775 Posts
Let's wait and see

Now we have to wait and see how the korean company, will do with the SNK games; Including the KOF' 2001.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts