Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

When playing SNES games on a PC running Windows, I always used to go to ZSNES. However, it does not run on my 64-Bit Windows 10 PC.

I have been using Snes9x for Microsoft Windows and I really like it. Today though I have accidentally overwritten a save state. So my question is: Is there a way for me to make it so that Snes9x will pop-up a prompt asking for confirmation whenever I try to save or load a state?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,

When playing SNES games on a PC running Windows, I always used to go to ZSNES. However, it does not run on my 64-Bit Windows 10 PC.

I have been using Snes9x for Microsoft Windows and I really like it. Today though I have accidentally overwritten a save state. So my question is: Is there a way for me to make it so that Snes9x will pop-up a prompt asking for confirmation whenever I try to save or load a state?
I don't think there's what you're asking for, or at least I haven't seen that option.

But what you can do is assign a few keys to save a status and load it more comfortably so it doesn't get confused. Go to Input - Customize shortcut keys and a window will open:

pic.jpg

Then, in Save Status, you assign the keystrokes you want. I record with F5 and load the status with F7.... but you can assign the keys you want.

It's the only way I can think of not making the mistakes you made.

Greetings.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think there's what you're asking for, or at least I haven't seen that option.

But what you can do is assign a few keys to save a status and load it more comfortably so it doesn't get confused. Go to Input - Customize shortcut keys and a window will open:

View attachment 201017

Then, in Save Status, you assign the keystrokes you want. I record with F5 and load the status with F7.... but you can assign the keys you want.

It's the only way I can think of not making the mistakes you made.

Greetings.
Thank you for your response, I can sense that you put real effort in to preparing it for me.

Sadly the problem is actually that I was quickly trying to load a state using my mouse but instead I saved a state to that slot.

I will try to contact the Snes9x developers and ask them to add the feature that I am asking for. I am sure it is no problem to add it as an optional feature that can be turned on or off.

Snes9x is open source so maybe a kind programmer might make a special version of Snes9x that includes this feature.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts