Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
10,540 Posts
Thanks, I'll give it a try

·
Registered
57 Posts
Dang, just when I finished making some video previews, a new great update comes out.

So far, it has removed almost all my audio issues in Vista. No more crackling and popping using XAudio2 and with even less latency (10). I didn't fully test it though.

I hope someone is still working on the core emulator though. Some games still need a little love.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
i don't recommend using 10 at all, snes games are not made to run at that level.

·
DS Gamer
113 Posts
Wondering, what are the best audio settings with this release for most games (I mean, Sound Driver, Mix Interval, Buffer Lenght) ? Or it depends on everyone's config? (I use Vista and an Realtek Integrated Audio Card, Nvidia Geforce 6150 SE).

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
Squall-Leonhart said:
Mudlord seems to like it.
One does indeed have a interest in the software. In fact, one is even interesting in assisting the other party with a component of it. :)

what are the best audio settings with this release for most games
They can be:
* XAudio2
* Mixing interval of 4
* 30 ms
* Gaussian interpolation

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
30ms * 2 gives the best audio for me using Xaudio.

needs more interpolation options though.

One does indeed have a interest in the software. In fact, one is even interesting in assisting the other party with a component of it. :)
:p You gunna work on that issue i was talking about in VBA? its epic fail for direct3d to out perform your opengl :p

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
its epic fail for direct3d to out perform your opengl :p
Epic indeed.

Be mindful Spacy uses direct pixel transfer. OpenGL can only do glDrawPixels or via textures. Take your pick.

You gunna work on that issue i was talking about in VBA?
As for VBA, its better making a entirely new emulator. You know that.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Alright then, new emulator it is!

VBA-M > VBA 2.0

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
I've always told you to do things at your own pace.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Never feel rushed, its not like its an assignment contributing to a major grade or anything lol.

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
But that is exactly how it feels. I feel like I am constantly being judged. By you, Nach, Exophase and other people who have a brain (which is mostly everybody).

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
My judgements are reserved for the work you do, rather then for you yourself. I will tell you when i think it could be better, but i will never personally judge yourself as a whole.

Only the people who truly know "us" have the right to judge "us", and as people like "us" keep that group of people small, what do we have to really worry about in that aspect..

I won't lie, when you're acting like an ass, i'll tell you face up, but I know the difference between you as an "ass" and you as a person not having a good time dealing with his current state of mind. Regardless, I'm sure you've realised by now, that you are one of the people in my group, and I'm not quickly to toss those people aside for periods of bad choices.

One of the people in my group actually told my exgf to break up with me, but I never once doubted him as a friend, Plain reality was that i was never really into her, and he was just having his say, before either of us got into something that we didn't really want.

Thats the kind of people i respect and keep around me, the ones who won't sit back and let things go down the path of destruction.

.....Woah, off topic.........

So, how that Snes9x xD.

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Nice update to Snex9x. :)

Although i'm not involved in this, I agree with Squall-Leonhart.....no need to stress, mudlord.

You're a fine person who's dedicated so much of their time to code amazing emu's (and other projects)...and most of us have not done much in return, so we owe you. ;)

As Squall said, at your pace.

r2rX :D

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
What the heck...the link is all garbled HTML code...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts