Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another question, Can i get an SNES Emulator on the PSX. I love ImbNES, but i would also like one that will play SNES. oO

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Actually, a DC could run a SNES emulator full speed. It would have to be more than a straight port and would need to be heavilly optimised.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Indeed scott. The emu hasn't been fully optimized YET. It's a little more complicated than just having better hardware run the program. There is also the timing of the CPUs to consider. ANd there's the fact that a rom cannot be broken into chunks and loaded at different parts.

The PSX has a dismal amount of RAM and unless you're using the black version an snes emu isn't possible.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you can't run a SNES emulator on PSX, how did Squaresoft port Chrono Trigger and several of their Final Fantasy titles from the SNES to PSX?

It seems to me it is possible to run SNES ROMs on the PSX, maybe just not ALL of them.

·
Some Scottish Guy
4,276 Posts
First: don't resurrect age-old posts.

Second: Square ported those games to make use of the PSX's hardware. They didn't use a SNES emulator.

·
<font color=#FFFFFF><b>the only one you've ever SE
21,977 Posts
well, more specifically, dont resurrect old posts with a completely useless reply.

and like industrian said, the game was recoded, in fact, techrat, if you had read your own post, you already said that. they ported the game, not emulated. there are plenty more examples, like the Sonic games on NDS--it's not a genesis emulator, it's a port.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Now in 2020 you can do anything, install SNES Emulator on PSX or install PSX Emulator on SNES. You just need to find some emulator that you like it download it and install it. I'm new at this but I think that RetroArch is the emulator that can be used on both sides.

·
Not a Registered User
1,305 Posts
Now in 2020 you can do anything, install SNES Emulator on PSX or install PSX Emulator on SNES. You just need to find some emulator that you like it download it and install it. I'm new at this but I think that RetroArch is the emulator that can be used on both sides.
Wow you'r a very special kind of retarded aren't ya, this thread be dead for nearly 14 years and you respond to it, with a BS post nonetheless.
There is no SNES emulator for the PS1 it's simply not powerful enough with it's 33mhz CPU and total of 2MB of RAM.
AND there is definitely no PS1 emulator for the SNES, just try to explain how can a 16bit 3mhz with 128kb RAM emulate a PS1 which is more than 10x more powerful. 32bit 33mhz 2MB RAM.

Now if you're thinking about the PS1 Classic or SNES Classic those are completely different devices that emulate their given system and use fairly modern ARM based parts, with specs ranging from 64bit multicore 1-1.5GHZ CPU with 512-1024MB of RAM.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts