Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any one know that in epsxe, how to achieve the same quality of smoothness in "Pete's OpenGL2 Driver" as the "Soft Driver" did?

I try all options provided by texture filtering and just cant get the same comfortable smothness of the 2d background in games such as FF7. It looks awesome when I am using the soft driver.

thanks

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
you want OGL2 to look like pete's soft eh? why dont you just use the soft plugin.........?

well if you want OGL2 to look like software, just turn both X and Y resolutions to 0.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I try to use 0 for x and y resolution, then both the 2d and 3d part has become smoother which looks like the soft driver.

but what i am trying to do is to maintain high resolution for the 3D part such as the characters in FF7 and smooths the 2D background.

When x and y resolution is 1 then the 3D part looks a lot nicer and 2D part looks worse(more indents)...

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
emuer, the only way I know of doing this with Pete's OGL2 plugin in games like Final Fantasy 7 or Chrono Cross while maintaining crisp hi-res 3D graphics, is by using shaders. There are some very nice ones on Pete's messageboard @ www.pbernert.com, made by the regulars, like great HQ2X and HQ4X equivalents. Downside is that you need a hefty videocard. I've only been using a HQ4X equivalent ever since I have a 6800GT.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply! I see, my GPU is ATI Radeon 9200. I think it doesnt support pixel shader which is a feature of DX9... is it correct?

btw: there are many shaders available in Pete's website, which is the one can satisfy my need above?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.