Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I recently downloaded rev 1877 (because there were more that 300 revs I didn't know of :p) and I also downloaded the SMG hacked OGL plugin, because it fixes the black box in Mario Kart Wii. The thing is, when I start, this happens:

Then dolphin crashes (after 4 more similar messages). Please tell me how to fix this problem. :(

Thank you in advance,
~Why-Fi

·
aka BhaaL
221 Posts
Dolphin tries to load a method "SetDllGlobals" inside Plugin_VideoOGL.dll, which it cannot find. If thats your SMG Hack, it probably isnt compatible with that Rev anymore.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aww... Then what revs did it work with?

·
Le Tueur de Nems !
78 Posts
You have to download an unofficial version of Dolphin on this website.
The most REV unofficial of dolphin doesn't accepte this plugin.
Dolphin-emu - Downloads
It works for me. but this SMG Hack doesn't works for Super Mario Galaxy, i can't load the game after the choice of the savegame.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are 2 mario galaxy hacks ,1 for the 64 bits and 1 for the 32 bits version it works for me if i use the good plugin for the right version .Try search in dolphin SVN discussion thread someone posted the twice plugins together.

ps ;for pal version you must set WII language in english or it won't work

·
Registered
379 Posts
nice one. you made any progress on the crashes/bugs?
Unfortunately no :(
seems like the hang happens because of the lack of a function in the core, you can get past this using the debugger (inserting a blr in place), but then you're stuck as this function is per haps "needed" to go on...
as for the "flickering textures", they're not flickering anymore for me lately, they're plain white instead (don't know whether it's because of my ATI card or latest changes on texture caching in OGL plugin though) I think it is related to CopyRenderTargetToTexture() being incomplete, i don't know how i could fix it myself as i don't have any knowledge on how it works...

I still get invisible graphics with this, the life meter and hud display will show, but you can't see Mario or the level graphics.

Also what folder does the patch file go in for this hack?
This only works with the PAL version, don't know why :dead:
the patch file is the modified sourcecode (so it's not really needed)

·
Mr. Technological
5,933 Posts
It doesn't work with the newer revisions, you'll just have to wait until problems with SMG are fixed or use the last revision the SMG hack worked on.

Anyways it's not worth the time since the hacked plugin only works with the Pal version, and there's another issue with the game freezing or crashing that prevents you from progressing after the first star in the terrace.

Also save games won't solve that issue either..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts