Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past few days, sites hosted on our secondary server (called Maggie) such as PCSX2, Aldostools and many others had heavy issues with speed as our HD was running full and the OS stopped all uploads, which ended in a high CPU usage (kinda freaky, ehh?). I'm happy to report that, after cleaning up the HD of some million mails, we're now down to 20% HD usage. To prevent this from happening again, we've also upgraded the RAM in this server to 1 GB, so speed should be back to normal again now.

Enjoy your stay here at NGEmu - and look forward to more cool stuff coming this winter.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Think you could give us a hint to what some of the new stuff is :D. I really enjoy ngemu and with all the server fixes that you and others have been putting in the server always runs great. This is my #1 Emulation stop. Keep up the good work Bobbi and all other ngemu staff.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hints ... hrmm. It's nothing which is really helping emulation expert, but a "feature" which should make it way easier for newbies to get started with emus. However, all you experts out there are also able to support this "feature".
However, I guess that development won't be finished before christmas, it's a really large project.

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
Bobbi said:
Hints ... hrmm. It's nothing which is really helping emulation expert, but a "feature" which should make it way easier for newbies to get started with emus. However, all you experts out there are also able to support this "feature".
However, I guess that development won't be finished before christmas, it's a really large project.
sounds like a good plan :) cant wait to see this feature in action

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Looking good, dont work too hard bobbi! :p

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Great work and keep it up, but like Reich said, don't work too hard. :p

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bositman said:
Hm i can easily guess it except if nothing like this has even been on a site :p
Okay, uhmm ... :)

Any site having something going in the same direction doesn't even come close to what this feature will be :)

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Bobbi, I don't know where you get your ideas from, but I hope it never stops! I can't wait to see this amazing new feature!

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
why did i have the impression that this server had 1GB already, i thought i read that on an old update lol (and no i wasnt in drugs ;))

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We switched servers a while back from a 1.2 Ghz, 1 GB RAM server at EV1servers to a 2.4 Ghz server with 512 MB RAM at servermatrix - that's why you might have read such an upgrade earlier, it was for a different server :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts