Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you add 1280x960 to the resolution list for your OpenGL gpu please?

Its mostly because when i play games like Final Fantasy 7 etc which mix bitmaps with 3d graphics the 2d bitmap graphics look fine when they are stretched in multiples of their original resolution (ie, 320x240 & 640x480) but when they are stretched unevenly you start getting bitmaps which simply don't look right or look ugly because they have been stretched to fit instead of a multiple stretch. (if that makes sense)

I'll post some picture examples if you want me to emphasize my point?

Thanks

BOB

·
Registered
874 Posts
Can you add 1280x960 to the resolution list for your OpenGL gpu please?
Sure I could add it to the list... but also for sure it will not work ;)

1280x960 is not supported as a desktop resolution (at least on nVidia cards), so MSWindows
will not activate it. The only solution for you: set your desktop to 1280 x 1024 and use a
1280 x 960 window mode.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Umm, eh?

I'm using a Creative 32MB GeForce 2 GTS here and i can assure you 1280x960 is quite possible, i run my desktop in that resolution :p

Want a pic?

BOB

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Eh,seems that th almighty Pete doesn't know everything;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Alternative solution

You can just tweak the registry to get the 1280x960 reg!

I'll save Pete the bother!

Attached is a zip with a reg file in it which will use the 1280x960 res in Pete's OpenGL, just make sure you double click on it after you've reconfigured Pete's Plugin! otherwise you'll get some other res! :p

Works fine on my GF2!

-EDIT updated to OpenGL! did have it for D3D duh!-

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good idea Ben, i would have thought that since Pete uses a pre-defined list of available screen resolutions that he would have used something like an integer value for certain resolutions, ie. 0 = 640x480, 1 = 800x600, 2 = 1024x768 etc

Now, i'm really out of programming experience (you may notice ms vc++ in my desktop pic, i'm trying to catch back up, my last time at doing any serious programming was years ago with borland c++ 3, that long ago, dos programming :p) so,
a question to you Pete...

I believe you can get a list of available screen modes and depths, what do you think of the idea of when the plugin is run it can query for a list of all available resolutions and then copy that list into the desktop resolution list?

Thanks

BOB

·
Registered
136 Posts
As far as I know its possible in D3D but I don't know about OpenGL! Problem is, if Pete puts it in his D3D plugin and can't in his OpenGL, then he'll probably get lots and lots of request saying "Can you do that in you OpenGL Plugin PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE?!"

If he leaves it out of both then there's no problem ;)

The other thing would be to be able to manually type in the fullscreen res, but then that opens up "if i set my Full Screen res to 800x800 (i.e square) it doesn't work, why?" etc! Its just not really worth the hassle for Pete! :)

·
Registered
874 Posts
ehehe, yup, you are right, that resolution is listed in the display properties...

strange enuff, if I try to use it in the "ChangeDisplaySettings" win API command, the command fails... no idea, why (maybe it's my detonator version)

btw, Ben is right... you can change the registry vals without problems. The plugin will use whatever value is in the registry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts