Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a site where they have good tip's on doing compression on .jpg and .png files from .bmp files, where I won't lose any of the colors. Or any of your suggestions on helping on this, thanks:) .

·
Registered
513 Posts
>tip's on doing compression on .jpg and .png files from .bmp files,
>where I won't lose any of the colors
If the .bmp file is saved as 24-bit it's likely that you'll have to lose some color information, as .jpg tend to be limited to 16-bit. Though it's generally dependant on the type of image, you often find that setting the JPG compression level to "1" in PSP results in a greatly reduced filesize with little to no apparent degredation in picture and color quality.

Given that .jpg is lossy by nature, there's often little chance that the entire picture can be compressed with no loss in data. Of course, with proper fine tuning the resulting image can be a good deal smaller with changes that only someone with excellent eyesight can spot.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it just fascinates me when people post screenshots, with good images with less kilobytes. And I just want to know how they do that.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I got to admit, now that's phat:eek: , nice pic Neojag, and the idea with photoshop jpeg compression. But any idea on the paintshop pro 7.02. :( If not, then I got to check out photoshop.

·
Registered
513 Posts
>But any idea on the paintshop pro 7.02.
As I said, by choosing a fairly low level of compression in the JPEG Export dialog box, you can get a decent amount of quality with quite a reduction of file size.

To get to this dialog, with an image open go to
File->Export->JPEG Optimizer

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I'm doing the same thing as you're doing, but with captured snap shots from PSX games, where the color's fade or get dark understand.:)

P.S.: Is thaaaaaat a picture of you:p .

·
Registered
513 Posts
>where the color's fade or get dark understand
Well, no, I can't say I follow. When you try compressing them they get dark, or they're dark already? If the latter is what you mean, all you'd have to do is play with the Brightness/Contrast settings prior to compressing the pic.

>Is thaaaaaat a picture of you
Gah, down boy. No, it's not, just a friend.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nah your wrong it get's dark and the color does fade:eek: .

And don't worry I'm not that horny, I got mine:p

·
space trader
1,803 Posts
Originally posted by The Khan Artist
I've found The GIMP to be the best method of saving JPEGs. Even superior to Photoshop 7.
...dude, why on earth did you revive an almost TWO-YEAR-OLD thread ?? :D

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
I'm SO locking this. I'm surprised I didn't notice this earlier. I thought something was wrong when Bubsy's thread popped up out of nowhere. Pay attention to the dates of the posts before posting in the thread...please. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.