Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Thinking outside the box
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just bought DoA2 for PS2.. wel until now i just realize it doesnt says Dead or alive Hardcore on the cover.

Are there 2 version of Doa a normal and the hardcore for ps2 ?
if so what are the difference ?

and irc the difference between the dc doa2 and ps2 doa2 hardcore was bayman and tengu as extra chars and cg mode and more costumes right ?

but if there is another ps2 version and its same as dc version than i wasted my money :angry:

wel i can stil return it within 24 hours.. so hope someone knows it..

thx in advance :thumb:

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Gamefaqs shows 2 releases of DoA2 on hte PS2, original and Hardcore.
There were 2 DC versions: Original, and LE which added Bayman, Tengu and some costumes.
Compared to the DC version, DoA2: HC had all the features of LE plus extra stages, extra FMVs and further extra costumes. I'd assume that the DoA 2 you have has the same features as the original DC version.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts

·
Thinking outside the box
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmm wel i tested the game.. Wel the intro is slightly different than the DC version the screen were u can select the mode is also different... And the tag map is different. ppl who played DC version know tag is always on that map same as sparring.

Is there a way of instandly know if it has the extra feature ? like the CG option.. i checked its unlocked when u win 5 vs 5 team mode.. wel i didnt got it tho.. does that mean my version is same as DC version ? cos i do notice different maps already..

And seeing so many changes in US version and JP does US has same as EU ? Also if i am able to unlock the CG mode does that mean its like hardcore ? or atleats not same as DC version and has Tengu and bayman ?

also this link http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/code/26352.html
it says anyana costume 8 Oo on the link cid gave it says only hardcore version had 8 costumes... so now im really confused..

To think of it says 5 different chars to unlock CG mode.. hmm i did it with 5 x kasumi Oo uhu il play again 2night >.< il see if anything new pops up.. if not i think il have to bring it back to store...

i really love the Doa games.. not just cos of the girls :heh: the counter and fast gameplay are just awsome :D

but il keep it if it has the extra costumes and extra chars and modes...
also i notice the stores dont even sell DOA2 hardcore.. or atleats i dont see it anymore..

and also OMFG the intro looks ALOT worst than the DC version :???:

and as u notice i make more typos 10ppl together so i hope its understandeble...

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
/me does a little more research
The vanilla DoA2 for the PS2 was only released in Japan. The HC version should be the only avaliable one in the States and Europe

·
Thinking outside the box
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm didnt really understand what you mean with vanilla doa2 Oo u mean normal doa 2 ?

Wel basicly ur saying i got the Doa2 HC version ? Cos yea my version is PAL. And it does contain Tengu and bayman ? and the extra costumes ?

Wel i played some more.. still didnt unlockt he CG mode Oo verry odd >.< it says win team mode with 5 players.. thats basicly do 5 v 5 and win and go to title i asume ? Atleast thats what i did...

I notice there is a Tag train mode to, and extra maps, so this cant be the same version as my DC one.. Altho i havent notice much news yet beside worst looking intro and new maps :D

And control seems to respond a bit slow to.. but nontheles if it has the extra costumes and modes its worth the money :D

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Well as long as you're satisfied it's alright whatever version you have ;)

But I assume that IF it is the Hardcore version, it should be mentioned on the box right?
Perhaps Kane can confirm this if he has seen the covers somewhere?

Anyway, I did some cover research myself and I found these:
The first two are from the PAL Hardcore version, and the third one is the front of the PAL normal version. So perhaps this is helpful :)

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
When I had DoA2: HC on the PS2, the cover looked like the last of the 3 pics you posted.

·
Thinking outside the box
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
uhu mine looks different like the one below... Mine does has the same back as pic 2. Damm never knew this coud be so confusing oO

wel i did unlocked the CG galery now, so its definly different than my DC version :lol:

thx for everyone help :thumb:

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Hehe, no problem, that's the benefit of being a member of Ngemu ;)

Have fun with the game and try not to drool during the game :p

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
My cover was the same as that woithout the silver outline to denote a greatist hit title

1 - 11 of 11 Posts