Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now that school started i have some questions to use the school computers the best way possible (read "The best way do download stuff without begin noticed" ehe).

First i was looking for FTP client that doesnt need installing, i mean, that i can download like a zip, just unzip and run it from a disk (incluiding the HD) or a cd. I need it to be able to do downloads of lotsa downloads followed (when it finishes, it starts other, just put a list on it and let it Dload by himself ;) and if possible being able to resume downloads. At home i usually use CuteFTP or iglooFTP, but both need installing (if i copy CuteFTP's dir to a disk and then copy it again to my schools comp HD i wont work. Now that i remember, can it be cause i left the files "read only"? anyway, i dont think it works...).

Second, can I copy the Audiogalaxy dir to a disk, copy it back to my schools computer HD and then run the satellite? will it work, will i be able to download anything? I dont think this works, but anyway, it doesnt hurt to ask :D

thkx in advance, the download season has started :wink:

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if it works without installing im eternally gratefull to u ;)
and what about the AG thingy?

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
dunno bout that dude... i don't really use Audiogalaxy.. well, best bet is the satellite should work, unless your school system is behind a firewall.. then i guess that's bad luck:(

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
i have no idea about audiogalaxy since ive never heard of it..
anyhow, bulletproof ftp should be installation required since it is a pretty powerful piece of software..
the only thing i can think of may be using IE's ftp interface to download stuf. that way you wont actually install anything and you can clear your tracks by deleting the history. however, i dont think it has native resume and you cant control a queue but you hafta work with what you got.. :p

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thkx, i downloaded a FTP addon for my IRC script ;) i cant take w/ IE FTP stuff...
thkx, i downloaddad Bullet proof anyway and it sounds gr8 :)

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
If you're using Macs (like all the computers at my school..:fingers:), I'd suggest Fetch (which is what I use at school). For PCs I'd use FTP Explorer. As for the audiogalaxy thingy, Imesh and MusicCity Morpheus are both good. You can also go to download.com to find more.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have all those, i jest need some that are not install-needed. but thkx any way

anyway, Bullet Proof FTP did the trick :)

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
naw, he was just posting stuff to reach 700 at that time. :p

1 - 20 of 49 Posts