Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all! i have this problem with my new PC. Sometimes, once a day my comp. crash. Sometime only in winXP (while listening to some music in winamp) in games or even when winXP is loading.

In this moments monitor is going black (no signal from the Graphic Card). The music stops, keyboard is locked but computer is still on. I have to give "him" hard reset.

After that winXP doesn'y say anything ... you like "your system was close in wrong way" or something similar.

I have fresh installed winXP with SP1 - no viruses etc.

my specs are :

AMD64 3000, Gigabyte GA-K8VT800(pro), ATI Radeon 9600 XT, 2x Kingston 256mb, Seagate 7 120 GB Serial ATA 150

Thanx for any help

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
overheating? something is wrong connected (I mean the slots are not inserted correctly -> to the end) HDD problems? could be anything... or the WinXP, try to uprage to SP2 maybe it could help you

·
Registered
317 Posts
I think I sayid this in one of these threads before, but ill say it again, XP is a very temperamental system, Im not sure wich you have home or pro, but there are several reasons that this may happen. It could be bios, a program that is not tested on XP that runs on your computer, since it crashes in winamp maybe you should you should look into your sound card, also check your drivers. Im not sure exactly but it sounds like your system is encountering a system failure, go and see if its set to restart when it encounters a fatal eror in your control pannel/System/Advanced/Startup and recovery..

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
I had similar problems before....must be a VIA thing

Disable Fast Writes in the ATi SmartGart properties, and try now

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
this:

the Omega drivers disable them during installation. I think you have to disable them manually withe the official drivers

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
I think your problem is the physical memory, try changing the memory.
It happend with me before, and it was a faulty memory stick.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts