Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running Street Fighter Alpha Antholgy on the PCXS2 emulator. However, it's running quite slow. It's not horrendously slow, but it's definitely noticeable and bothersome. Is there a way to speed it up so that it plays on normal speed? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
OK you want help? How can we do it without your computer specs, version of PCXS2 you are using and settings within PCSX2? For PCSX2 there is no universal setting for better performance, there is specific settings, that is if your computer is good enough, but without info we can't help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe you should try being less rude. Anyone can give out suggestions with the information I already gave, so yes, technically, you can help.

I'm using the latest version of PCSX2. My computer is very great. This is the only game on this or any other emulator that's running slow.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Ok then still not info I want, well are you using opengl or direct3d or software direct3d? Have you tried them all, have you played with the speed hack settings or turned off speed hacks? Have you tried older version of PCSX2 or latest on website or latest daily? I can even go on but with vague info, it is hard to get to the root of the problem and find the solution.

Sorry for being rude, but more than 90% posts are like this how to make emu faster without any real info, do you blame me, I want to help but how, please tell me am I being rude for wanting to fix your problem now and not needing to back here multiple times and waste precious time to help you?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried opengl, direct3d, and software direct3d, and they all had the same issue. I tried speedhacks, too, and it still ran slow. I haven't tried any other versions of PCSX2, though.

I can blame you for being rude because you are being rude, plain and simple. Just relax. You can ask someone for more information without being so rude. Even if a lot of the users on here are being vague, there's no reason to be rude for someone who might be unaware of that and take your anger out on them.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I tried opengl, direct3d, and software direct3d, and they all had the same issue. I tried speedhacks, too, and it still ran slow. I haven't tried any other versions of PCSX2, though.

I can blame you for being rude because you are being rude, plain and simple. Just relax. You can ask someone for more information without being so rude. Even if a lot of the users on here are being vague, there's no reason to be rude for someone who might be unaware of that and take your anger out on them.

Well since you still won't give specs, maybe good isn't enough, if you told me I can tell you that. But no I will continue to be rude because you want to waste time. Waste time and try to fix it yourself then, why ask for help and give no real info.

You are the reason why calls for tech support for phones are a script and over 30 minutes before dealing with problem.... Ok here I am being super nice...

Hi, I hope your day is good. Have you restarted the computer? Did that fix the issue? No, ok update Windows, run Windows update multiple times until it says no more updates. Update drivers as well.... I can go on or give info and we can skip useless suggestions, like switching from open glenfield, direct 3d and software, give real solutions.

Maybe you are avoiding info like your specs as you may believe it should be good enough and not the issue, maybe you are withheld the info as it could be not good enough... Me saying this is more rude, I get much more rude too.

Anyways goodbye and say goodbye to years of experience with getting PCSX2 to work and to optimise for weaker hardware.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
@Hard core Rikki

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll try this out and see if it works. I do have the latest version of this emulator, so it's nice to know there will be a new version out soon in case I can't get this working. Thanks again!

Well since you still won't give specs, maybe good isn't enough, if you told me I can tell you that. But no I will continue to be rude because you want to waste time. Waste time and try to fix it yourself then, why ask for help and give no real info.

You are the reason why calls for tech support for phones are a script and over 30 minutes before dealing with problem.... Ok here I am being super nice...

Hi, I hope your day is good. Have you restarted the computer? Did that fix the issue? No, ok update Windows, run Windows update multiple times until it says no more updates. Update drivers as well.... I can go on or give info and we can skip useless suggestions, like switching from open glenfield, direct 3d and software, give real solutions.

Maybe you are avoiding info like your specs as you may believe it should be good enough and not the issue, maybe you are withheld the info as it could be not good enough... Me saying this is more rude, I get much more rude too.

Anyways goodbye and say goodbye to years of experience with getting PCSX2 to work and to optimise for weaker hardware.
No, sorry, sir, but continuing to be rude on purpose is the true waste of time, especially seeing as I actually answered all of your questions. You're the arrogant one. I 100% guarantee that I know more about this stuff than you. Maybe you won't help me because you can't help me. Oh, well.

You say that "you get much more rude," but honestly, you're not offensive. You're not even good at being rude. Once again, oh, well.

This level of immaturity is truly saddening and unfortunate. Hopefully you have better days and can actually fix other people's problems.

Anyway, bye bye~! ;-)

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,478 Posts
Personally, I'd recommend playing these games through MAME.

Tested this game on 2 different PCs. Ran slowly on both with various speedhacks enabled and disabled. Surprising since these are 2D games. I think they run within an emulator on the PS2, so by running the game in PCSX2, you are emulating an emulator that runs the game.

·
Registered IT crowd
678 Posts
I think they run within an emulator on the PS2, so by running the game in PCSX2, you are emulating an emulator that runs the game.
that's correct.
Even the best machine won't make it.
but i think latest dev builds iomproved this

1 - 10 of 10 Posts