Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, i was just wondering how to speed up my fps. I'm using pete's open gl plugin, and fiddled around with it. When I play Gran Turismo, I only get around 30-50 fps. Is there any way I can make it faster?

My Spec:
P III 450 SSE
192 MB Ram
SB 128
Riva TNT 8 meg overclocked

Thanks----

PS- what's a great spu plugin to use with Metal Gear Solid? Sound keeps being choppy in mdecs.:(

S

·
0 Posts
Try unchecking auto FPS and see if that gives some more speed. By using only use FPS limit you can set the FPS limit to what ever you want. For the SPU, I reccommend Iori's vers. 1.45(1). This is the one I have had the most success with. All sounds and music are present and it is really smooth.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Have you tried pressing the "fast" button at the bottom of pete's plugin config? With your card I would read the readme/faq and turn all the effect down as much as possible. Also try running at a lower resolotion. Then if your game runs fast enough try turning on some of the features in the config. You'll just have to configure your way out of this one.

Also, along with Iori's, the epsxe SPU and Pete's 1.10 SPU are among the top few IMO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts