Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah, im trying to get my epsxe to work better. its going really slow. can somebody help me. here is what i have.
my comp:hewlet-pakard
pavilion
AMD anthlon XP 2400
2.00 GHz
512 MB of ram
with GeForce4 MX 4000

epsxe config: petes opengl2 2.5
p.e.op.s. dsound 1.7 or eternal spu 1.41
epsxe cdr wnt/w2k 1.5.2

with all that in mind, can someone please tell me what im doing wrong or something. the emu goes really slow and the sound skips bad. but the graphics are good its just the other stuff. would really appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Using opengl2 is what's wrong. The weak link in your rig is the video card. You'd be better using pete's opengl 1.75, just configure it clicking the nice button, and then change framebuffer textures to 0 and frambuffer access to 4. You can raise filtering to 6, too, though it might cause glitches in some games (mainly 2D games, or semi 2D like FF ones).

Changing the cd plugin to peops or even playing from an ISO can improve performance, too. Try that, and if it's still slow, tell us wich game/s are you trying to use, how did you configure every plugin, etc.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
in the opengl 1.75 dosent work try petes's D3D plugin.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok... now im pissed... the damn things going way to fast now. im trying to play Legend Of Dragoon from the ISO and its going really fast now. i have the configes like mentioned at top and now the speed is increased... what am i doing wrong guys??? i have all the configurations at default from when i downloaded the emu. so is there something i need to do. i dont understand all the meanings for the configes so can somebody help??? much appreciated

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
If you are on default, why don't you use the configs i posted before? Anyways, in kane's site you will find nice configs, too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts