Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The problem that i have with PSXe, is that the game play is alot slower and can often affect the music... The music would jitter or sometimes it would start then stop...

Also quite often the game would slow down so much(Alone in the dark 4,) that it would hang the computer....

If there is ne 1 who can help solve this prob, i would be so :) ....

thanks for your time chaps...........

Also having problems with the memory card files....They won't let me write ne thing 2 them.............

cheers..........

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
What graphics card do you have, and what plugin are you using? Also, if you could try and clarify your system specs that would be great too (you listed a PIII.. Amd K6-2.. which one do you have? :p)

As for memcard problem, try pressing F4 before and after saving to a memcard.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
His specs also say something 370 too.If thats 370 mhz and that too overclocked then dont expect faster speeds.
Alone in dark seems to work ok on my celeron 500 though.

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Alone in the Dark uses a lot of the framebuffer for lightning effects and other parts of the game.. Set framebuffer to "black" and set OFF screen drawing to 2 or lower.. As for your memcard probs, press f4, f4 while ingame.. Or do it right before you save.. Oh and posting your configs of epsxe would help us help you better.. Please post your full system specs as well too.. ie.. CPU speed, video card, soundcard, OS.. ect..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Slow down 2 - the return .... sorry....:)

You may not think much of my computer spec here fivefeet8, and Kairi00.... But its a 370mhz(yes overclocked, i bought it cheap, and the guy in the shop tried to tame it with patches, etc. But no luck. Saying that i only paid £5 for it.....:D )Amd-k6-2 3d now... Operating system is Windows Me, sound system is built in to the mother board, i thinks its soundpro. My video card is nothing special again but its a Riva tnt2 - 64.... As for epsxe configs they are ....spch1001.bin ... Petes open gl driver(video)1.53 ....(sound)is epsxe spu core 1.4.0 .... (cd driver) espxe cd aspi driver 1.4.0....Also i keep getting thunk connecting failed 32>16....When configuring epsxe, as well as slowing down whilst playing the games.... If you could help me guys, would be :) :) :) .... I'd buy you all a beer but be very hard....cheers chaps....then i can stop :cry:

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
The_DodGer: Without listing the specific configurations, I'd suggest going with Pete's D3D plugin. It doesn't look as good, but it's faster (and based on your computer, speed is your priority). Use a different SPU. The internal one isn't particularly fast and isn't nearly as good for quality as other ones.

For this problem...

> Also i keep getting thunk connecting failed 32>16

Copy subTsgMSCD16.dll and subTsgMSCD32.dll from your plugins folder to your main ePSXe folder.

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Hum... your specs seem too low to run games at full speed. Try Pete's D3D as Ryos said and use the "Fast" settings. You won't get all effects, though

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
and what about try for the spu, Eternal Spu 1.01, whit high resolution unchecked (recommended) that would gave you some speed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts