Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there is not a lot going on today on the messageboard, I was wondering why people chose the nickname that they did and does it represent your own personal 'character'?

Ok, mine is due to the fact that I love anything produced by Clive Sinclair, eg. ZX81, ZX Spectrum... etc..

So why have you chosen your nicknames?

I can guess a few, eg. Raziel - from Soul Reaver, Betamax - for his love of movies, and lots of you have names from Final Fantasy...

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Anyone play Street Fighter EX around here? There's this dude named Kairi... well that's where I got the nickname from.

Why? I was registering for a free e-mail account, and I got frustrated because all the nicknames I wanted were taken... then I tried this, and I just kinda got stuck with it ever since.... sort of like my 'generic' sign up name. So if you see a kairi00 somewhere else on the 'Net, chances are it's me.

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
well sort of!!! mine my nick FireGL is based in the S3 FireGL Video Card well you know i like this card when the time i'm using S3 Trio3D 2/X that card is my dream card well. Unfortunately i don't own this card but I own the newer one TNT2

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
My nick is something one of my friends started to call me in Jr. High. I liked it (I AM EFRAINMAN!). It has stuck ever since, but only with that guy (any friends I have now don't call me that). It was either that or "Ef" :D Or "Ben" (my other nicks).

·
Registered
680 Posts
Let see, you'll meet me everytime Internet Explorer makes mistakes cause it finds dead ends

Ring those Bells? -

other reasons, just got bored and need simple, yet effective handle

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
My nick is from my favorite character on the Upright Citizens Brigade. It was a sketch comedy show about a year ago. The show was themed around introducing chaos in its many forms into society. It was definitely one of my all time favortie comedy shows. I don't know if the show will ever come back on, but I know the cast is currently doing their show live in NewYork, LA, Chicago and maybe other large US cities.

Here's some quotes from the opening of each show...

We have existed since the dawn of civilization in order to undermine it.
We believe the powerful should be made less powerful.
Our only friend is chaos, our only enemy is the status quo.
We have every coner of the globe under our surveilance, If you do it, we see it, always.
We have heard the voice of society begging us to destabilize it.
Antoine, Trotter, Colby, Adair, we are the Upright Citizens Brigade.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Originally posted by UncleClive
....I can guess a few, eg. Raziel - from Soul Reaver, Betamax - for his love of movies...
Yep that be right. BTW I do actually own a Betamax vcr. A 1982 MK I Sony SL-C6. The first frontloader vcr.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts