Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, first let me see your PSX Emulator is great, best I've seen and used! Anyways to my topic..

I recently started playing Dragon Warrior 7 on ePSXe to find that whenever I go into a message box the entire screen turns black, I see the message and everything fine but whenever a message box appears the entire screen goes black rather than just the message box. This gets annoying because it happens in battles and with the menu too, do you think you guys can fix this in a future release? Thanks!

[EDIT]
I think it would be a good idea to tell you what Video plugins I use right? Well I've tried all of Pete's plugins and they all had the annoying ful black screen message boxes
[/EDIT]

Finally one more suggestion: Is it possible to put in a slow-down mechanism for ePSXe later on? I run on a really fast PC and must use software like CPUKiller to slow down my computer to be able to play DW7 on a not-perfect but not too fast rate.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
i'd advise you to use pete's latest plugin, OpenGL or DirectX.
to get rid of your speed problem you have to enable "use FPS limit" and then set it to autodetect.
for dragon warrior 7 enable "special game fixes" on the bottom, in there you will find one especial for DW7. whenever there will be a textbox, the game will keep the last screen then, which generally is no problem, only sometimes you might miss a character that ran away or somehting like that, but its nothing major and right now the only way to play DW7 on an emulator.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ah, Thanks!

Hopefully this works..
*tests game out*

Yay! No more super fast gliding characters! But the black screen box is still around..Maybe I play with this a bit more

..There, now everything works great! Once again, Thanks! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.