Next Generation Emulation banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
^Yeah right :rolleyes:, well then, i guess this thread ain't for you, since i love my game out of focus and slightly hazy :p.

·
Irregular User
3,188 Posts
Also not much fond of the ENB stuffs i see scattered in nexus, tho they look good for screencap purposes, i normally use dynavision to blur distant mountains (only) and only slight blur out of em and. nVidia has been using HBAO+ implementation on their current drivers and CP to be enabled for games. Hmm i forgot which mod i used to modify some lighting and color grading, i used the one that is only subtle.

·
Classic Games Lover
5,280 Posts
That reminds me, I need to get back to Skyrim sometime, just got the Legendary Edition (was cheaper than buying separate DLCs).

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
^Personally loving the legendary edition, for both the legendary skill system and the legendary difficulty setting. Finally managed to beat the first dragon myself, one of the most satisfying and engaging boss fights i have ever had, it was hard and you never knew what the dragon might do, or what might happen. I forgot how many times i died just attempting it... BTW also using deadly dragons+dragon combat overhaul mods, dragon combat overhaul is especially awesome because it really makes the dragons feel alive and behave, well like dragons, it makes you really immerse in the fight.

PS: still debating if i should get the ring of namira or not...

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
What are some awesome mods for Skyrim? Mind you I am currently using a Core2Duo and single GTX 460 until I get enough money for new hardware so graphical enhancements are kind of out of the question as far as mods go. Are all or most mods compatible with the Steam version?

·
Irregular User
3,188 Posts
^performance mods? tho the CPU fix has been implemented on a patch long ago tho there may be more mods for it. Steam supports mods and even has steam workshop for it, i believe Skyrim was one of the first to support steam workshop. Also try to use NMM, BOSS and Wrye bash for mod management and utility for better stability.

Got Skyrim preordered 2 years ago and played a heck of it back then, only recently got dawnguard (already have dragonborn), have yet to resume playing with all these backlogs :3

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
What are some awesome mods for Skyrim? Mind you I am currently using a Core2Duo and single GTX 460 until I get enough money for new hardware so graphical enhancements are kind of out of the question as far as mods go. Are all or most mods compatible with the Steam version?

Actually with that you should be able to go graphical a bit, but with a twist.

1st Graphical:
For simple graphics tweaks get the Imaginator and Dinavision, also they will go alongside nicely with the following:

For something more complex and a slightly better quality, here is what you can do, get the mods from the "Recommended mods" section of this page(make sure when getting them to get the non-enb versions): http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30936/? Don't get Lush Trees and grass and Static mesh Improvements, also when it says "or" don't use both mods choose only one. I recommend Skyrim HD and Pure waters as a water mod. From the "Optional Downloads" section get:

All unofficial patches (not graphical but fixes the game)
SkyUI (Needs SKSE, not graphical but improves the UI a lot)
Both Better Controls mods (not graphical but improves the game dialogue and message controls)
Dawnguard Fortress Improved High Resolution 2k
Solstheim landscape and furniture
Convenient Horses (Not graphical but improves horse riding a lot)
Audio Overhaul for Skyrim (self explanatory)
ShowRaceMenu Precache Killer (needs SKSE)
Improved NPC Clothing
aMidianBorn Book of Silence Armors and Weapons
A Quality World Map - With Roads - Quality World Map - Main Roads

Now after installing all of this and any other mod that has bigger textures (like body mods and beauty mods) use this to resize/optimize textures: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12801/? use the medium preset and try 2k resize first if your card has 1GB RAM if not or if the computer struggles with 2k textures resize to 1k and there should be no performance hit.

Now other mods i recommend:

Dragon Combat Overhaul
Deadly Dragons (this only if you want dragon fights to be even harder)
Falskaar
Extensible Follower Framework (use v4)
A Matter Of Time
Immersive HUD (Needs SkyUI and SKSE)
Moonpath to Elswyer
Interesting NPC's
Invisibility Eyes Fix v2
Skip Bethesda intro
The Paarthurnax Dilemma

Those are basics which will improve your game for more, like beautification or weapons or home mods etc, its better you just go to skyrim nexus and choose what you would like.

·
I'd agree with you but we'd both be wrong.
414 Posts
God damn you people. I saw the thread title and though, "great. Strike defiled Skyrim with mostly naked anime chicks."

And I was wrong and pleasantly surprised. Until I scrolled down. Damn you people. Damn you.

·
I'd agree with you but we'd both be wrong.
414 Posts
Depth of field is nice for screenshots, but shitty to play with.

ENB is nice if done correctly because it removes sourceless light.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
God damn you people. I saw the thread title and though, "great. Strike defiled Skyrim with mostly naked anime chicks."
Wasn't that a shocker for you ? I mean me not defiling the game

And I was wrong and pleasantly surprised. Until I scrolled down. Damn you people. Damn you.
That was just a low quality joke, if i was serious about it would look a lot better and moe :p. On a serious note modding hasn't reached yet that level where i'd even consider doing such a modification, and if i do make one for fun if modding does reach that level, i sure wont be calling it Skyrim anymore (Rather based on the game skyrim creating a new world to play just the non-lore mods). Playing Skyrim when it was launched made me realize that i enjoy WRPG's mostly roleplaying and getting absorbed in the lore and as the character, i like anime and stuff related to it sure, but some things just don't mix well, if i go the kinky way the atmosphere and lore gets fu... up and for me it just ends up ruining the whole experience.

ENB is nice if done correctly because it removes sourceless light.

Indeed, Though if set correctly DoF can be decent while palying as well, for instance hiding some mountains clipping in the distance...

·
The Nexus of a Crisis, and The Origin of Storms
767 Posts
I agree with this completely. It makes screenshots amazing, but I find it entirely unbearable to play with on. If I want to look at the mountains in the distant, I am frustrated by a mod which makes them blurry and indistinct.

Other than that, it looks pretty good. I use milder settings overall, less bright colors, bloom, etc.

Also, regarding that moody screenshot, my first thought was "reminds me of morrowind", lol.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts