Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am rather new to using Epsxe (actually this will be my first time) I am trying to play a game and it moves horribly slow and the sound will play normal for a half a second and then skip back to catch up with the video

does anyone know what my issue is? I was thinking it could be a graphics plug in, my video card is a GeForce FX 5100 and I am using Pete's open plug in

can anyone help me out with this? the slow skipping speed makes games unplayable

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
post a screenshot of how you have your plugins configured and post some info on your system's cpu.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't know a lot about epsxe, but my guess would be that it's because you're using a software renderer (P.E.Op.S. PSX Direct Draw Soft Renderer), meaning you're using your CPU to draw the picture in stead of your graphics-card (and the CPU is increadibly slow at that kind of work). (correct me if I'm wrong :) )

Try changing you're video-plugin to Pete's OpenGL2.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I don't know a lot about epsxe, but my guess would be that it's because you're using a software renderer (P.E.Op.S. PSX Direct Draw Soft Renderer), meaning you're using your CPU to draw the picture in stead of your graphics-card (and the CPU is increadibly slow at that kind of work). (correct me if I'm wrong :) )

Try changing you're video-plugin to Pete's OpenGL2.
I did this but am now getting an error that says something about wgl extensions

what is this about?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
that message means your hardware does not meet the requirements for the OGL2 plugin, use the OGL1, D3d, or software plugin instead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.