Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've read that SoA is completely playable with Chankast (albeit with crashes), and I'm using the Echelon version with Aika-san's patch. Right now I'm at Mount Kazai, and I'm encountering a crippling problem. Whenever I'm underwater, the screen is covered by the placeholder screen (which is wiggling back and forth, so I'm guessing there's supposed to be a 2d effect going on), which prevents me from seeing where I'm going. Did anybody else encounter this problem, and how did you solve it?

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
First of all I don't think you should talk about illegal stuff in this forum and the game you just talked about was illegal. Now let's say your using your own version then the way to get around that bug is to use the minimap at the bottom right of the screen to manuver around the screen. It's a bit hard but from personal experience I can tell you it is possible. Fighting the last 3 bosses without a crash though.... now that's tuff.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Don't worry about the chankast version, he won't get in problem for that AFAIK :)

You can try enabling/disabling every graphical option to see if there are differences. Perhaps even the wireframe mode will be more clear than it is now. I haven't played the game in Chankast, but I know which scene you mean.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Given that 1)there is an entire thread dedicated to getting the Echelon version to work, and 2)I own a copy of the game, nothing I said was "illegal" under the forum rules.

As for the graphics options, I've already tried all of them. The 2 z-writes did nothing for me, and the wireframe surprisingly just added wavering horizontal black strips to the screen. I've already tried navigating using the minimap, but it was so inaccurate that I can't manage to even get out of the water.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Well my minimap was almost perfect for navigation. And that's the only way to do it, right now. Remeber even under water the camera can move around so you may have to move it to make it face the right direction. After awhile you'll get the hang of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts