Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What i am looking for is a place that has pictures of people's encodes of dvd movies into xvid/divx format so i can see how their quality looks since i can't encode my own dvd's,any help will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Just curious ... If you can't encode your own why would you want to look at some? :p

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So i can see how the quality would look so that i can try it myself once i get a dvd drive or new comp with a dvd drive,i just want to see different compariosons so i can see what would happen to the quality of the movie.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Oh, I see. Well you can download movie trailers at www.divx-digest.com ;) They aren't that updated, but I'm sure you can get an idea of what I mean ...

Also Google is a very handy tool. You might not always get it on the first search, but I seen some good examples a long time ago, so i'm sure you'll have luck finding some as well. Try words like "divx comparison", "xvid comparison" and "dvd vs divx" and things like that ;)

Also try www.videohelp.com They have some good stuff. Just look around abit.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
A good size to use is ~700MB/hr for XviD and DivX.

·
The seeker of perfection
3,628 Posts
I use it too and it's really easy. you just have to select what type of sound you want (mp3, ac3...) and the level of compression or moviesize and that's all.
Btw, for those using it, what amount of compression do you use? 75%?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts