Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VR-Zone said:

GALAXY China today leaked the image and overclocking performance of the GTX295. It is based on the reference design of NVIDIA. The new single PCB GTX 295 can be overclocked to 675MHz core, 1455MHz shader and 2200MHz memory from the default 576/1242/2016MHz. The 3DMARK Vantage scored over 20K under Performance settings. The cooling performance and noise levels has been enhanced with the new GTX 295 where the fan speed has been kept at a low 1400RPM. Do check out this card over at Galaxy booth at Computex.

GALAXY Previews "New" GTX 295 OC Performance

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think i could talk phil into spending $7-800 D:

·
Pink Poney
727 Posts
I'm now weary of these SLI-on-a-stick cards, being an owner of the 9800GX2. I've been getting strange bugs and crashes that go away if I just disable SLI.

Or has the technology for these multi-GPU cards gotten much better in the years since my card was released?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
multigpu cards are more sensitive to voltage drops/spikes, and badly configured systems.

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
I don't know about that. PC gaming is all about playing at crazy resolutions and enabling nice little graphical gimmicks that really takes a toll on the GPU. Plus, lots of other things come into play.

If a game is poorly coded, even the best of GPUs will make the game feel like crap.

Drivers. ATI and Nvidia regularly tweak drivers to suit main stream, popular games.

The number of people who will own these cards are far and few. PC games are developed with the average, budget PC enthusiast in mind. Not people who can afford the best of the best.

Lots of other points to, but I don't feel like getting into it, but you should be able to see where I'm going with this. The theoretical increase in performance from these cards are still just theoretical.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol, 295's are actually very common cards to own D:

especially since its SLI without requiring the use of 2 pci-e slots.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the 9600GT is the most common of the 9 series iirc

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295
(+0.08%) 0.39%

NVIDIA GeForce 8800

(-0.94%) 19.13%

·
Pink Poney
727 Posts
After learning my lesson with the 9800GX2, don't think I'll ever buy a once, premium flag ship card every again. Looking at my last 2 years of PC gaming, I would've been fine with a 8800GTX :(
I had an 8800GTX before the 9800GX2; I'm still uncertain as to whether or not getting the GX2 was an upgrade, considering the decrease in VRAM, and the introduction of the many bugs/quirks of SLI.

Great mono-gpu cards are the way to go, IMO.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
theres really not many bugs or quirks >.> its usually a misconfiguration issue.

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts
Not interested my 8800gt can cook for me and it is delicous with current ingredient.Maybe crysis 3 or ue 4 or gtx 4xx may force me to throw it away.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.