Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ePSXe crashes upon testing the BIOS. The screen darkens as it changes the resolution, then gives the all-too-familiar "ePSXe has stopped working" with the useless little bar under it. GOD do I hate Vista.

Also, something that started happening as soon as I made this topic was it said I needed a "kailleraclient.dll" and it was missing. Can I download that somewhere?

System specs:

Vista Home Premium x64
Core 2 Duo E400
9800 GTX+
4 GB DDR2 RAM

Plugins:

Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9
Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41
ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K Core 1.7.0

Any thoughts? Is it because I'm missing that .DLL file?

(I tried running those C++ programs, but the first one (6.0 or whatever) wouldn't run and the others were for x86 systems.)

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
disable Data Execution Prevention, or add epsxe to the DEP ignore list.

the kaillera file is because you set a netplay plugin.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
btw, the x86 versions of MSVC runtime are still required on x64 OS's.

·
Banned
58 Posts
Excuse this post as it doesn't add to the thread but I just had to say that I love how whenever something goes wrong and the OS happens to be Vista that it's ALWAYS Vista's fault and how Vista's ****....Let me tell you this, Vista now is no worse than XP except for slight speed gain, and I'll tell you another thing the perceived messiah that is Windows 7 is actually worse than the "god awful" Vista. But then Vista isn't bad at all but it's perceived to be awful. The worst thing about Windows 7 is it looks and sounds exactly like Vista, response is slightly faster, but the worst thing about Windows 7 is that you cannot manually move folders around within a folder as you can in all Windows that I can remember including XP and the villified Vista. Trust me that gets annoying ever so quickly, especially when you want things in a certain order and constantly things are jumbled compared to how you want them - but there's nothing you can do about it. Of course I'm basing this on the extensive use of the earliest and the very latest betas. I can only hope this oversight is not in the final build and that the final built does alot more to difference itself from Vista presentationally, as ALOT of stuff was taken out for no reason as the beta's "progressed", and now in the very latest beta apart from the task bar it IS Vista.

Honestly if released in it's current state based on the latest beta if that's the case and Windows 7 isn't villified as lazyness then there's something seriously wrong with the general public when it comes to using their own brains....but I've seen it many a time already and the OS isn't released yet and there's people hating on Vista for no valid reason anymore and people saying stuff like "Windows7 s**ts all over Vista!!" and it's like erm speak for yourself, but no it doesn't and I can vouch for that one personally from up to the minute experience and impartial opinion, as opposed to jumping on the bandwagon of popular opinion and second and third hand knowledge which to be honest is what most people do for some reason.

Rant over.

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
im going to have to side with strike on this one thommohawk. while i agree with *some* of your points, it isnt something that should be brought up in this particular section of the forums.

and as mentioned already, it is the kind of thing that trolls go ape**** over and i hate having to step into debates that arise from arguments centered around this whole O/S vs O/S topic, i end up having to stab so many fools that i actually get bored with it.

edit- considering the thread starter's issue has been resolved, im going to go ahead and lock this now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.