Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the current version of Dolphin supports simulating when a gamecube controller is plugged in while playing wii games (which I know you can do for certain titles). I am running SVN R4525 yet I can't seem to locate this option. I know classic controller is there but that won't work with most games whereby a gamecube controller normally would.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As long as you have a controller configured in the pad plugin, it should work automatically.
It doesn't though. Any Wii game I try will adapt to the wiimote controls instead of the gamecube controller ones.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know what? Stupid me, one of the games I was trying (Metroid Prime 3) does not seem to have the option to use a gamecube controller at all. I thought it did initially.

But the other is Mario Kart Wii. I could use "classic controller" I guess but if I don't select that, it defaults to wiimote controls instead of gamecube ones.

·
Time Lord
1,989 Posts
Do you have a controller configured in the pad plugin that works for gamecube games? Mario Kart wii works fine for me using my 360 controller (emulating a gamecube controller)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For an experiment, I turned off the "Classic controller" Accessory in the wiimote plugin settings and fired up Mario Kart Wii. It seemed that I could still control using my xbox 360 controller. I think I may have mistaken the gamecube controller being used for the "classic controller".

Everything is fine now. Thanks for your insight.

·
Lurker, pretty much...
296 Posts
For Mario Kart Wii, it's possible to use nJoy's Gamecube controllers. Just make sure that the Wiimote's A button doesn't conflict with the keys set in nJoy plugin. Then, at the title screen press the A button of the Gamecube controller, so that the game will recognize P1 as a Gamecube controller (and not a Wiimote).

This way, it's possible to play with up to 4 players. I hope I'm not too tired :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.