Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just installed it whenever i try to opne it i get direct x 9c compatibity error. i know i have it installed and my graphics card supports it please help

·
Registered
356 Posts
I suggest you go to ea.com, they have pretty good support pages and most likely somebody would have had they same promblem as you.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
just to make sure try to install dx 9.0c again, and also make sure you have the latest drivers for the video card, if it doesn't work try this (taken from thesims2.com support page) :

If you have updated your drivers and still get this error, you must make sure that the DirectX features for your video card are enabled.

Click on Start.
Click on Run...
Type 'dxdiag' into the box (without quotes).
Click OK.
Click on the Display tab.
Find the DirectX Features box.

The first feature is DirectDraw Acceleration. It should say 'Enabled' next to it. If it says 'Disabled', click the Enable button.

The second feature is Direct3D Acceleration. It should say 'Enabled' next to it. If it says 'Disabled', click the Enable button.

The third feature is AGP Texture Acceleration. It should say 'Enabled' next to it. If it says 'Disabled', click the Enable button.

Once all three are enabled, close the window.
You may now start your game. The error should no longer occur.

I hope it helps. I didn't have any problems with it so I can't help further.

·
Just visiting ^_^
8,299 Posts
be sure you have directx 9.c

every works fine for in our PC everytime my sister plays it... and take note, we don't even ahve the latest graphic card driver...

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
if you can't get it working Squigi63's advice is the best one to follow, just login with the account you made during registration and browse the forums, I'm sure you'll find ppl with similar problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts