Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Why hasn't anyone thought of this before? Homer Simpson shooting zombies with a shotgun? How can that possibly != fun?

I really need to get back to work on some more stuff for the portfolio now. This is my first attempt at writing a 3rd person shooter. It's still in the alpha stages and I work on it from time to time when I get a chance. So far, it's doing okay. I need to rewrite much of the code because it's getting ugly and dis-organized. The goal of the game is to shoot as many zombies before they eventually overwhelm you. You get power-ups like donuts, bacon and beer for health. Drinking too much beer will cause you to get drunk, and time slows down, allowing you to react quicker... at a price :lol: I haven't gotten to the really fun stuff yet (sound effects, FMVs, ray-casting, cel-shading, vertex and fragment programs, cross-platform stuff, and more). Many of the models I'm using came from polycount's download site for Quake II models, the rest come from here: http://www.md2.sitters-electronics.nl/index.html

[Technical stuff]
IDE: Visual Studio .net 2003 (will move to 2005 and 2008 later).
Language: C++
Graphics: OpenGL 1.5 (will do Direct3D later)
Audio: DirectSound and DirectSound3D + EAX
Input: XInput for the 360 controller.
Other: Right now, the code is getting very NVIDIA-oriented. At this point, ATI users wouldn't be able to run it because of all the NVIDIA extensions being used right now. The game is using frame-based movement right now, so it's best at a solid 60 fps. The video taken was running at 30 fps because fraps slows recording down to 30 fps. I need to use time based movement instead.

If you like The Simpsons and other hilarious shenanigans, hopefully you'll like this game :)

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Please please please please please let there be a Zombie Flanders, zombie Shakespeare and zombie George Washington.

And I love your ideas for the game blue.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I just hope Fox doesn't hand you a cease and desist...

After all it's a crime to make a funnier game than the current TV show,,,

:evil:

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Some simply multiiplayer might be fun too.
That's one thing I wanted to add. Now I need to finish learning how to use Winsock.

Please please please please please let there be a Zombie Flanders, zombie Shakespeare and zombie George Washington.

And I love your ideas for the game blue.
I'm using freeware Quake II models, and I couldn't find any other Simpsons characters though. So I'm limited to what I can download.

I just hope Fox doesn't hand you a cease and desist...

After all it's a crime to make a funnier game than the current TV show,,,

:evil:
Good point, but I doubt it will reach that level of popularity.

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TBH, I don't want to take the game too far (for the reasons that Paratech has stated above) :dead:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.