Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys :( ,
I have a really silly question about FF9. Now I'm going to save the Princess Garnet, when Zidane and all that meet Blank at the exit of the ship, Blank told me to change the Abilities. He said I can change it using the Menu. But somehow, when I started playing the game, I totally don't know how to access the Menu. Unlike FF8, I knew there is a Menu for us to give Potion to the characters, exchange GF, etc... Please help me how to get the Menu. I've pressed everything by the Menu doesn't pop up. Please help me!!! :( :(

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
The menu can be reached by pressing the button called "triangle"(I don't know if that's how it's told),if it doens't work,check your gamepad configuration in ePSXe.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried before but don't work.... help me!! I'm using ePSXeCutor to run it. Tried running at ePSXe before but not working... HELP ME PLEASE!! Do I have to download the controller plugin??

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
There is no controller plugin for ePSXe.
Maybe you changed the settings in the game so it doesn't work,check your pad settings in the game.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I've changed the controllers to:
Triangle: w
Circle: D
Cross: S
Square: A

So, when I press W, the menu should pop up, but I don't see it... help me!! How to check the game control??

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Oh yeah,damn,what I said was completly silly,cause you can't check your pad configuration without going into the menu.
Well,you can still try to press F4 and F5,but if it doesn't work I don't know what's wrong,maybe your keyboard's deffective.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tried ePSXe 1.2.0 too... but still the same. When I press D, I can cancel something, S for talking while A is for confirm. W is nothing... HELP ME PLEASE

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Are you sure your "W" is working?
Try with another letter.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Is it the US version of the game?
If it is post your memcard here,I'll see if there is any problem,if it's a PAL or any other country version,well post your memory card anyway,cause someone else could help you.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've heard UK version and US version... but I think the difference is the word, like US will be "gotta, comin, c'mon" while UK should be "got to, coming, come on" right?? Correct me if I'm wrong...

Regards,
Michael Foo

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Well,first,it should be written on the game box something like NTSC or NTSC/J or PAL.
But to me it seems you don't have a box huh?(burned copy?)

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
A simple way to check what version it is is to run the game and see what cdrom type is detected.

My guess is that you have the us version. Your version must obviously be in english from what you have said earlier. The UK verson was not playable or copible until a few weeks ago as it needs to be patched. So the odds are that it is very unlikely that you have obtained the uk one.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
I've just though of a better one. Only the patched Uk version works. When you run this version a menu appears when you load the game and accross the top of the screen it says 'Hooligans present Final Fantasy 9 Uk cracked!!'. If it has this then its the uk one else its the us.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, it is a burned copy from my friend :D I asked him about it but he himself also don't know... Mine is a NTSC version. And I think it is a US version too.... Below is the memory card... please help me check it out. Thanks a lot!!

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
I'll see what I can do(we're not supposed to help when it comes to burned copy,even if I must admit that,ahem,most of my games are burned copys).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
aaa.... help me!! don't so cruel!!! :( if burned copy is illegal... then I think most of the members here also using the illegal thing: THE BIOS!! Hope you can help me!!

Regards.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Well,it works perfectly here,when I press "triangle" the menu shows up,so it must be a setting problem.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts