Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another problem :(

Just yesterday one of my friends lend me his Silent Hill cd for PSX I am trying to play it with ePSXe emulator but the game freeze when it said This game containes violence ecc..ecc.. :cuss2:
Maybe after that screen there is a vidio(I don't know i never played it)

What can I do?
I tried with many plugins including the Pete's ones

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Have you tried making an ISO of the disc? If you're using ePSXe 1.6.0, make sure Enable Logs is checked under the Run menu. Look at the console window when the game freezes to see if any error messages pop up.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
and post your config... whatever it is it could help us to solve your problem...

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Silent hill needs alpha multipass and/or mask bit enabled (can't remember wich one of the two :p ), if you are using Pete's video plugins. Anyway, do as n_w and kaneda said, and provide more info.

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
MassMass1, which version of ePSXe are you using? If you're not using the latest version (1.6.0), then download it, cause this sounds like the infamous problem that Silent Hill had with ePSXe.

If you are using v1.6.0, then please list all of your plugins and following settings so we can get a clearer picture.

I was using ePSXe 1.5.2, and it would freeze after the violence warning, when it showed the 'Konami' screen.....

r2rX :D

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
I-Chan said:
Silent hill needs alpha multipass and/or mask bit enabled (can't remember wich one of the two :p )
Preferably both :p. I believe it is one of the few games that requires mask bit to be enabled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts