Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is a problem in silent hill using all emulators (except cvgs).There are white squares around light sources and the central character.Can someone help?
See attached image.

Computer specs--
processor-celeron 500 mhz
motherboard-intel 810 based chipset
sound & grafix-inbuilt on the board(too bad it doesnt even support open gl i guess)
OS-Windows Me
Ram-64mb
Harddisk-seagate 10 gb

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
If you're not using Pete's plugin, then you're out of luck I think.
If you are, check the "Enable mask bit" option in there. Should do the trick.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Half thanks only!

Kairi,I used pete's d3d plugin and enabling mask bit almost worked.Just when I was about to give you many thanks I came out of cafe(in the game) and outside the cafe problem still exists.(Now what sort of problem is it, exists in dark)See the screenshot attached.Any other suggestions from neone?

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Silent Hill is one of the few psx games using the psx gpu 'mask bit'... that feature
gets emulated in my D3D plugins by enabling your gfx card's zbuffer... and it seems your intel gfx
cards driver has a bug, it's disabling the zbuffer when [insert some stupid reason here]
happens...

Well, I have Silent Hill for tests, and with my GF card I can enter/leave the cafe as many
times as I want, without problems. So there is just one thing you can do: check out, if
there is some newer driver available for your card (or try the dx6 plugin, if you have used
the dx7 one).

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was waiting to talk to master pete!

Thanks Pete!! I just saw ur post and I already had few questions for you.Actually I got the game working before reading this post but just want to know your opinion on this.

So lets start from this -- First time I started the game (I used your d3d plugin 1.52 version) I just couldnt get the game working(It was stuck at KCET logo at start).Soft plugin also had same problem.
I finally got the game started using another plugin ,got past the kcet logo and made a save state.Then I loaded the game using your plugins and they worked (well almost perfectly except the problem discussed here).

When I enabled mask bit, problem was solved just a little bit (but it reappeared in other areas of game).

I think there is no problem with my card (I have latest directx 8 compatible drivers).Nor there is any other problem.

What I finally did was to simply left the memory cards slots empty and started the game using your great d3d plugin(enabling mask bit as well).To my surprise the game got past KCET logo at start and hurrah everything is working perfectly now.(The above discussed problem is solved).

Finally you are really a master of plugins , keep up the good work:D

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok my mistake!! I didnt used emuforums search utility.
Both of my problems regarding silent hill were already discussed and solved in older forums.Ok I will take care from now and I will suggest others also to please search for any related information about your problem and then decide to post it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts