Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I tried running Silent Hill 1 and when I started the game, there was no sound, only static. So I pushed escape and it popped me out of the game but now no sound is working at all on my computer, just the same static sound. Music from winamp doesn't work, window's sound doesn't work. Its not a virus/spyware/malware or hardware or whatnot problem. It only happened after I ran Silent Hill 1 on ePSXe. I was running under the default sound settings and such. Even after I reboot my computer, all I get is static. Is this a common bug? What ways are there to fix it?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
maybe your computer's default sound device changed? go into the control panel, to the sounds control panel, and the Audio tab, and check the default devices. and of course, make sure all your cords are plugged in ;)

·
Narcissist
725 Posts
I've had odd sound issues exactly like that on occasion after running certain games. I would play something, the sound would cut out after a random interval of time (usually a few minutes), and after the program exited there was still no sound in WinXP.

It's most likely a driver issue - after I upgraded my onboard Realtek AC'97 mobo drivers, that problem went away. Good luck.

(yes I know I should get a better soundcard... :) )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.