Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this game today. So far so good. Graphics are very good. Even better than Sh3 pc port I might say. Story is interesting and gameplay is fun.

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Didn't get great reviews. Said the gameplay mechanics and graphics were unchanged for the most part. So i'de expect the minimum requirements to be the same as SH3

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here you go, from the readme.

System Requirements

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Windows XP/ME/2000/98
1.0 GHz Pentium III or Athlon processor (or equivalent)
256 MB RAM
GeForce3 Ti/Radeon 8500 Video Chipset w/32MB VRAM
DirectX 8.1b
DirectX 8.1 compliant sound card
2x DVD-ROM drive
3.0 GB free hard disk space

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Windows XP/2000
2.0 GHz Pentium 4 or Athlon processor
512 MB RAM
GeForce4 Ti/Radeon 8500 Video Chipset w/64MB VRAM
4x DVD-ROM drive

3.7 GB free hard disk space

USB Gamepad controller

NOTE: It may be necessary to update your hardware drivers.

Supported video chipsets:
NVIDIA GeForceFX, GeForce4Ti, GeForce3Ti (GeForce MX series not supported.)
ATI Radeon 9800, 9700, 9600, 9500, 9200, 9100, 9000, 8500
One thing though. Even though the characters have very high quality textures, the environments don't. In fact they're very low quality, Dreamcast quality I would say. But the character's animation and model more than makes up for the textures. I'd give the graphics a 9/10.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Hmm, those environments make the game look like the original silent hill for psx. ;)

Anyway mx series not supported ? looks like I will have to get my 3d analyze running once again. :D

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
I say that time to go back to 'silent hill' has come, last time i 'was' there -> 1st episode :)

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
wow i've never played a silent hill before, i might go and try this one out...

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,478 Posts
hushypushy said:
wow i've never played a silent hill before, i might go and try this one out...
Oh yeah man you should definitely give it a try,I've bought the ps2 version this morning and it kicks serious ass :thumb:

·
___GANTZ Fan Boy___
406 Posts
I just got it today and gonna post some shots too , but grahf post it so fast :lol: :lol: .

So i gonna add some pics

But i'am little bit disappoint with this game (i'am a fan of this series , play through every part of this series several times and got all ending) .

Graphic is good , but not much better from 3rd (maybe it's as good as this engine can get)

Gameplay system is CHANGED , why i have to use 1st person view in my room ?

And observation interface is bad , in 1st view there is EYE icon that uses to examine things but when 2 (or more) things that you can interact stay together you can never know what object is examined when you press examine button . That's really pain in the a$$ when you want to examine the chained door but keep peeking it.

There is only one save spot in the game , In your room :(

On the top of that , This game doesn't take place in Silent Hill Town AT ALL.
On 1st & 2nd part , all game take place in the town .
On 3rd you start outside the town but there is some link that lead you to Silent Hill later.

But in this game , you don't have anything to do with the town , then why name it "Silent Hill" ?

But i'am gonna post some shots anyway :)

All shots taken @ 1280*960 /w max setting (can't enable AA cause there are strange line appear on the screen after doing so)

P.S. grahf , is your cutscene locked at 15 Fps ?
Cause it happen to me no matter what res i use (from 640*480 Lowest to 1280*960 Highest / got exactly the same FPS -15 cutscene ,-30 gameplay)

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I have the PS2 version and I already half way done and I don't think I will get the PC version since it looks completely the same as the PS2 version. However, if there are some extra stuff, like extra endings(more than PS2) or anything like that, then I will give it a try.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
PrTv said:
I just got it today and gonna post some shots too , but grahf post it so fast :lol: :lol: .

So i gonna add some pics

But i'am little bit disappoint with this game (i'am a fan of this series , play through every part of this series several times and got all ending) .

Graphic is good , but not much better from 3rd (maybe it's as good as this engine can get)

Gameplay system is CHANGED , why i have to use 1st person view in my room ?

And observation interface is bad , in 1st view there is EYE icon that uses to examine things but when 2 (or more) things that you can interact stay together you can never know what object is examined when you press examine button . That's really pain in the a$$ when you want to examine the chained door but keep peeking it.

There is only one save spot in the game , In your room :(

On the top of that , This game doesn't take place in Silent Hill Town AT ALL.
On 1st & 2nd part , all game take place in the town .
On 3rd you start outside the town but there is some link that lead you to Silent Hill later.

But in this game , you don't have anything to do with the town , then why name it "Silent Hill" ?

But i'am gonna post some shots anyway :)

All shots taken @ 1280*960 /w max setting (can't enable AA cause there are strange line appear on the screen after doing so)

P.S. grahf , is your cutscene locked at 15 Fps ?
Cause it happen to me no matter what res i use (from 640*480 Lowest to 1280*960 Highest / got exactly the same FPS -15 cutscene ,-30 gameplay)
Every complain you have with the gameplay can be remedy with a good usb pad. I'm using a psx2pc usb converter and it plays just like a console game, which is a good thing.

I don't know what fps I'm getting but it seems pretty normal. Same speed as SH2 and Sh3.

·
___GANTZ Fan Boy___
406 Posts
No grahf my problem isn't from gamepad (i'am using Logitech rumblepad , it's not a great gamepad but atleast i can control the game like in ps2/w rumble function too :) ) .

But my problem is from game system. But i'am gettin used to it now cause that 1st person view is only in my room , outside it's back to 3rd view which is good :) .

About FPS thing ,if you said it's the same speed with sh3 ,2 , maybe i have a problem.

Can you please use fraps to be sure that your cutscene isn't locked at 15 fps ?

Cutscene is not the movie scene , while this game play movies like intro when you first enter the game that show some gameplay my fps is normal (30fps) like in pic-2 . But when cutscene uses 3d engine to render like this pic , my fps is locked @15) like in pic-1

you can get it here
http://www.fraps.com
(but i think you already have one) :)

Thanks for your reply.

·
___GANTZ Fan Boy___
406 Posts

·
I'm cool.
131 Posts
I got the game a few days ago, and I can only play in first person mode, like it was a First Person Shooter or something. Is there a way to change the camera back to the old way like in the other Silent Hills where the camera is behind the character and it's not in first person?

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
RealityX said:
I got the game a few days ago, and I can only play in first person mode, like it was a First Person Shooter or something. Is there a way to change the camera back to the old way like in the other Silent Hills where the camera is behind the character and it's not in first person?
Go out of the room / mess with the controls / read the instruction (if you have one :eek:nthepull ) :p

·
I'm cool.
131 Posts
KanedA said:
Go out of the room / mess with the controls / read the instruction (if you have one :eek:nthepull ) :p
I haven't gone out of the room, maybe that's why... I just hate first person view so I turned the whole thing off when I couldn't switch to other views.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts