Votes: 3 16.7%
  • its crap

Votes: 8 44.4%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so far i think its best silent hill game ived played and has a better story than the others. this thread will not have any spoiler becuase im still playing the game lol... so what did u think

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
i tried it out and deleted it ASAP. i FINALLY got the first person controls to my liking but then the 3rd person part came along and i tried for a long time to get those controls down but i couldnt get them just right, so i suffered with it....and the game was just slow, and i died from those stupid dogs because the combat controls are just atrocious. bah, maybe i just suck at these type of games :p

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
So far, I like it, but I haven't finished it yet. The control system is clumsy even with my kiky-joy adapter using a PSX control pad.

Some new stuff added, the atmosphere is still creepy but not as good as in SH3, the psicological terror is the only thing that keeps me going on, maybe the plot isn't as deep as SH2 or as a secuel like SH3 really is for SH1, SH4 plot is a bit weak and light let's see if the different endings change my mind. The graphics engine is still IMO the same used in SH3. Further comments till I finish it.

·
The seeker of perfection
3,628 Posts
It was just me or the game is quite confusing about what you must do in the beggining? I borrowed it for 2 hours and i din't know what i had to do when i found that giant worm at the beggining but I didn't bother to find a faq.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Judging from the overwhelmingly hostile reaction to the game by the SH community, I thought I was going to despise the game. But quite honestly, I think it's just as enjoyable as the first SH game. In contrast to most people, I actually enjoyed the "Apartment/First-Person View" segment of the game. I liked the feeling of claustrophobia and the ability to observe the outside world while you're trapped in your apartment.

I'm done about 3/4 of the game, and although certain aspects of it are annoying, it's still an enjoyable experience.

In regards to the story, nothing even comes close to Silent Hill 2; my personal favourite of the series.

Kazuya Mishima,

Remember to check the apartment carefully...

Climb into the hole (in the bathroom in Subway World) to get back into your apartment. When in the apartment, go to the living room and look carefully at the table next to the sofa. You probably will know what to do after this...

Certain cut scenes and events will happen. Go back into the subway by entering through the hole in your apartment. You'll find something when you return to the subway world.

·
Interplay sucks!
1,219 Posts
I like it, but I haven't finished it so I can't comment if it's the best of the series (SH 2 still holds that so far)

I was kinda surprise when the "ape" enemy steals my golf club and beat me to hell with it :D that's a nice touch for the enemy AI

·
___GANTZ Fan Boy___
406 Posts
At first , i'am really disappointed.
Cause many Classic Element of this series is missing (Flashlight , Radio , darkness and on the top of that "UFO Ending" :heh: ) . And this whole game doesn't really take place in silent hill.

But after several hours of playing , i'am start to loving it.

Cause even it lack many lovely element of SH series but IMO it's still a really good game (Gameplay , control is not a problem for me , Graphic is not so good but acceptable and sound position is really great (with 5.1 setup) ) .

I think this game is good enough for me to replay it atleast 4 times to get all ending (Good+ , Good ,Bad,Bad+).

So , i can say that I Really like it. But not as much as the previous installment (1,2,3)

I heard that Konami is now making 5th installment of this series and i hope that they will bring back the good thing that 4th game lacking .

-------------------------------------------------------------
SH 1 & 3 is my favorite cause the 3rd continue the plot that 1st left out.
And there are many shocked sequence in this game (I'am really shocked when harry is killed by a monster , he shouldn't die like this cause he can even kill Samuel is SH1 ).

But SH2 IMO is just like the Side Story Game cause there is not much connection to main plot.
But it's only game that i most fequently finish (6 times) to get all ending (and it still fun to replay the game)

In sh1 i only finish it 3 times (the 3rd play through is so boring but have to play it to get all ending)

In sh3 , finish it 3 times too (cause there are 3 endings) .

It's strange that the part that has least interesting story is most fun to replay.

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,478 Posts
hmm the Room uh? hmm well It wasn't so disapointing.I loved the PS2 version which I finished.For those who never played it please concider a Rental,it's worth 3$! ;).As for myself,I can't stop buying games that Somewhat looks good.Woot MK Deception! *preorders* :thumb:

·
Registered
301 Posts
The gun of SH4 is very bad. You could only found two guns and the rest of all are melle weapons. And you could carry very few bullets in your inventory. So I say SH3 are the best of the SH series.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
errr what did you want?
a negev? -_-' gun is fine but I wish they would "tweak" melee mode a little better
it's still clumpsy

·
The seeker of perfection
3,628 Posts
netghost2.0 said:
Kazuya Mishima,

Remember to check the apartment carefully...
Hey, thanks a lot. Silly me, the las thing i thought is that i had to return to my apartment.....kazuya hangs himself...
Btw, i just borrowed it today agian and it was very enjoyable, i'm really thinking on buying it, maybe this weekend.

Have you all liked the opening fmv? It remembers me of The ring too much but i think is a very good twist regarding videogame's opening fmv. It doesn't show excellent graphics or exciting parts of the plot, it only gives you an idea of how twisted the developers's minds are :lol:

·
Registered
885 Posts
I think it's Sucks, The story is so confusing... dream and being dream and dream again, wake up from the bed again and again... I prefer Silent Hill 3

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
i liked it s LOT, but theres a HUUUUUUGE quality drop after the middle... And I dont necessarily mean all the backtracking, which i could live with, but apart from that the room-component of the game pretty much dies as well... no more peeking, no more story, its DEAD. bah...

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
Sampah said:
I think it's Sucks, The story is so confusing... dream and being dream and dream again, wake up from the bed again and again... I prefer Silent Hill 3
I don't know how excessively this element is used in SH4, because I didn't play it, yet, but you can already find this in SH1 (e.g. when you are slaughtered in the backyard and wake up in the Café the next moment).

·
Premium Member
8,108 Posts
Sampah said:
It's not that confusing IMO. Enter the hole from your room = entering the dream world. Enter the hole in the dream world = waking up from your dream. :p

I still haven't finished it yet, but I am liking it already. ;)

·
Registered
885 Posts
Kellicros said:
It's not that confusing IMO. Enter the hole from your room = entering the dream world. Enter the hole in the dream world = waking up from your dream. :p

I still haven't finished it yet, but I am liking it already. ;)
you make me more confuse :???: looks like the main character's hobby is "sleep and dream".

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
You can say it that way, since every Silent Hill has been an illusionary world, yet. At least in SH1 the main character and all the others are influenced by a drug ("White Claudia").

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i think it could have made a better game if it was nothing to do with silent hill and it was just called the ROOM becuase they could have made a batter game with a more intense story. i mean silent hill hardly comes into it

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Judging from the reactions of you people, I became interested in this game.
I still haven't finished SH3, though :(

So far, SH2 is the one that I liked the most, but since I still haven't finished SH3 (not even halfway through it) I really can't say fore sure.

I'll get this game ASAP :evil:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts