Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just installed SH3, it boots correctly, but the opening video acts weird:
It runs smoothly for 1-2 second, then the video pauses at a regular rate every 800-900ms, it runs smooth between each pause, but it makes it unviewable...
anyones knows how to fix this?

·
Interplay sucks!
1,219 Posts
I think it's a codec problem, try to uninstall any codec you may have and install one of those code pack (ACE, K-Lite).

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thx I'll try that, tho I think it uses its own codec no?

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sry for double-post, but I justed want to say that uninstalling the Tzim Codec Pack fixed the problem ;)

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Killjoy, I am glad you got it working...would've been a shame that the game wouldn't work after waiting for it for so long. ;)

r2rX :D

·
Interplay sucks!
1,219 Posts
Good to see I've helped ;)

I never get around to finish the game tho and now I'm playing SH4 :D

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I heard that SH4 isn't as good as the previous ones... that's true?

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
Silent Hill 4 is still a very good game.

Alot of people did not care for it as much as 3 for the fact it moves the series with some new elements.

A first person mode (that's used very limitally)
A new swing meter for fighting

Also, people felt this one wasn't tied to SH as much. In fact it is. It's more closely tied to SH, than SH2.

I do highly recommend playing it yourself.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Judging by the screenies, I find it less good looking then SH2 and 3, esp. the textures...
of course I'll give a try as soon as I can put my hand on it without having to sell one of my legs

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
The graphics are different style. SH2 & Sh3 tried more for dakrer gore tatics. SH4 tries for more of a eeire bump in the night attack.

What most screens don't show is the new animation quality and how well the game does actually work in it's FPS mode.

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
SH4 is a fantastic game...it is awry as sheit! I have it on PS2, and my little bro was playing it....as Zer0Soul said, the animations are amazing, and you truely have to play it yourself. Although, the graphics aren't as good, the game is still damb fine.

But, I will wait for the PC version...although, there are some screenshots I saw...O.M.G!!! oO

r2rX :)......oO

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
>> But, I will wait for the PC version..
It's already out

·
Interplay sucks!
1,219 Posts
But the 15fps cap for the cutscene suck tho.

SH4 IMO is different from the previous game, the developer finally tried new things for the gameplay rather than enhance the previous one.

From what I've played so far (on the PC) I like it, my main gripe about the game is it's inventory system (which now resembles RE very much) and no quick save.

Oh, I'm playing SH3 again today, and OMG I just learn how to block attacks! Can't believe I don't use them untill it's near the end :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry for bumping this, but I got the problem again today after installing the latest Klite pack. So I googled a lot, and finally found out what codec to remove without uninstalling the pack. For those who're interested, it's the MPEG2 codec

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Mr. Killjoy said:
Sorry for bumping this, but I got the problem again today after installing the latest Klite pack. So I googled a lot, and finally found out what codec to remove without uninstalling the pack. For those who're interested, it's the MPEG2 codec

from what I've read it's never a good idea to use codec packs. ( K. light in particular) (if I'm correct it has something to do with viewing movie files on the computer)

for what I hear this is the best one. And one with the least problems. http://www.kickassanime.org/wiki/index.php?title=CCCP#What.27s_this_H.264_stuff.3F

1 - 15 of 15 Posts