Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Saitek p880 has died. Buttons 1 and 2 will no longer register when I press them and my right analog stick wont calibrate right (pressing it fully forward only registeres half-way).

Anyways, I need a new gamepad. I mostly play 2D Fighters so a good d-pad is a must. Buying a PS2 adapter is out of the question. I don't own a PS2 and can't afford to buy a pad and the adapter at the moment.

Radioshack has the Nyko Air Flo EX for $20 and I was thinking about buying that. I did read every review that I could find on this pad, but none of them really went into detail about how well the d-pad performs. If anyones has this pad could you please tell me how well the d-pad performs?

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
KanedA said:
ekhm... I think it would be worth to wait for a while till you will have money for Dual Shock2 and the addapter.... :innocent:
I agree. I have a DualShock 2 controller with a radio shack adapter and it's awesome. All the buttons work including the analog buttons. Vibration and everything else works great.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the thing is if I have to spend upwards of $45 ($25 for the pad plus $15 for the adapter and another $10 or so for shipping on the adapter) just to get a DS controller to work with my PC I may as well just save up another $20, or so, and buy a arcade stick.

I'm probably going to do that, but not anytime soon. I'll have to wait until sometime after christmas before I can buy a stick (got too many people in my family to buy gifts for - 25+ people). So I'm looking for a cheap replacement until I can. I'd just go out and buy another Saitek pad, but the d-pad on them suck for fighters....tho I'm use to using it now.

·
Quad Core FTW!!!
782 Posts
How about an xbox controller? Get the right drivers and it will work like a snap! Theres DirectX rumble support to so it kicks.

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'm using a thrustmaster dual storm 3 gamepad whose only drawback is a medium length and quirky joysticks. But since you're only using it for d-pad....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, I'll check out both the Dual Storm 3 and Logitech Dual Action.

How about an xbox controller? Get the right drivers and it will work like a snap! Theres DirectX rumble support to so it kicks.
You know I never once thought about that. My brother has 5 Xbox controllers (don't ask why), so I could probably talk him out of selling me one for cheap. If I was to go this route what drivers would you recommend?

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Viper_Viper said:
Logitech Dual Action Gamepad is one of my personal favorets at only $20 USD. For an extra $10 you can get the rumble version.

A warning against Dual Action pad. It was made on era when logitech had SERIOUS problems with their analog sticks. Every second pad sold lost its calibration after few weeks to few months or use. Potentiometers were cheap. Also digital-pad was padly "programmed" and was registered as a hat in most games. A very huge amount of games, especially emulators refused to register it. Playeing old 2D games with analog wasnt very easy. :lol:

·
Quad Core FTW!!!
782 Posts
Yaaj said:
Thanks, I'll check out both the Dual Storm 3 and Logitech Dual Action.

You know I never once thought about that. My brother has 5 Xbox controllers (don't ask why), so I could probably talk him out of selling me one for cheap. If I was to go this route what drivers would you recommend?
I use the XCTRL drivers with the Super Joy Box 9(don't use the drivers that come with the Super Joy Box 9 if you buy that adapter). They are awesome!
I'll try and pull up a download link for them. I also hear the Xbox 360 controllers will be PC compatible out-of-the box! Microsoft said so themselves. Ok these are it:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Samor said:
hm, I hated that d-pad (the thrustmaster one), in fact, I even replaced it with the one from an older model. =P
true, d-pad on the dual power 1 was better. Broke that controller though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks a lot, Master Chief, for the drivers.

My bro ended up just giving me a Xbox controller so I went ahead and ordered the Super Joybox 9 adapter this morning.

Thanks, everyone, for your advice.

·
Quad Core FTW!!!
782 Posts
No problem ;)

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
get a used PSone controller and a PSX adapter. i dont know where you live...so my solution is probably far fetched...but i got a PSone controller at the local gamestop for 9.99 and i got a USB--PSX adapter at a shop in japan for like 1500 yen or something like that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.