Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Premium Member
6,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Right now, I'm on a FX5200 :( (fanless model from ASUS, V9520-X/TD, though I added a fan) since my 6800 Ultra is in a box, waiting for a UPS dude to come and take it away from me, destination being Cardiff, BFG's European RMA department.
Yes, it died, well, almost, hanged during a game of PES5, rebooted, and since then I had artifacts on the desktop and messed up 3d + corrupted textures. Going back from a 6800U to a FX5200 is kinda hard o_O (however, if my old backup card didn't die a few months ago, I'd be on a TNT2 m64 right now :p)

Life sucks, I hope it won't take too long for BFG to replace it....

· Premium Member
6,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, the card's sold overclocked by BFG, and it was running at those speeds, dunno what happened, fivefeet8 has the same card as me and he runs it at higher speeds than mine, but he has yet to complain about a problem, so, I guess I just got unlucky.

· Registered
7,407 Posts
Companies are good about RMAs. Their customer satisfaction depends on that above really anything else. Not to mention that BFG really is known for its warranty service. :)

Don't worry, you'll have a new card in no time.

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
no worries dude, computer stuff is sensitive. like lisco said, it'll be back to you in no time. and now you can be all badass like "oh yeah some of MY computer stuff died once :cool: "

· Premium Member
6,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh yeah, some of MY computer stuff died once, like, my PSU, my FX5600 Ultra, my old MSI K7T Turbo-R, a DVD drive, a TNT2 m64, a CD burner, and, hmm, a 60 GB HD. That's about it. Does that make me badass enough now ? :p

· Registered
7,407 Posts
Not as badass as me! :laugh:

· The seeker of perfection
4,008 Posts
Raziel said:
oh yeah, some of MY computer stuff died once, like, my PSU, my FX5600 Ultra, my old MSI K7T Turbo-R, a DVD drive, a TNT2 m64, a CD burner, and, hmm, a 60 GB HD. That's about it. Does that make me badass enough now ? :p
Wow, you beat me in that department oO
The only stuff that died on me were: A Kt400 Amd motherboard, 3 Acer Cd-roms, a Voodoo Banshee, a GeforceFx 5200, 2 Monitors and one Dvd-RW. And that happened in one year.
Now i have a Dvd-rom asking for a place to rest eternally but i give it electroshocks from time to time :innocent:

And i almost forgot to add another category: computer stuff that you have killed.
In my last reformat at 3 a.m. i applied the rcp patch which changes the Bios of a Dvd-Rom/RW so it's region free to my Cd-rw. Needless to say it went crazy and the light was turned on forever plus it didn't recognize anything, no even his own existence :lol:
It was 3 a.m. and my 3 drives were Lite-on.

· -PM to advertise here-
8,320 Posts
Maan, I'm a carefull user then :p
The only thing that died on me was a 128MB SDRAM module for my P2 back in 2001 and a recent even of a 6600 dying, but it was second hand and already faulty so that doesn't count :p

Other than that, even my NES (and all its controller's buttons too) STILL work. However, if we move further back, then my Commodore64 and Atari2600 are dead. :D

· Registered
1,936 Posts
That sucks i hope you get one back quickly.hell i have had 2 monitors die on me and my geforce2mx 200pci which i loved.

· Foundry/Foundation
11,824 Posts
Snake785 said:
I've been lucky, I only had one mobo (in 1996), a Seagate HD (a while back, can't remember), RAM (last year) and a Sound Blaster Live! (last year) die on me.
I think I've usually been lucky then... I did have hardware that acted weird but usually it refused to die (aside from cd burners, they hated me =P )...
my sblive I think is an odd card (liked to do static noises and all that), but with the kx drivers it works like a charm...

· Prepare for Descent...
2,844 Posts
Samor said:
I think I've usually been lucky then... I did have hardware that acted weird but usually it refused to die (aside from cd burners, they hated me =P )...
my sblive I think is an odd card (liked to do static noises and all that), but with the kx drivers it works like a charm...
I have a fan that refuses to just stop working, it got extremely loud a few weeks ago. I cleaned it yet it still makes the noise.

Also, I still have a Quad Speed Creative CD-ROM drive that still works but that thing has been through hell and back. The tray was pulled and pushed in without pressing the button, the face plate somehow got messed up but it still works :p

Samor said:
nah, I'm a cheapskate....besides it's the only way I know to be able to run Sonic Adventure DX on PC without it dropping frames because of directsound =P
Why not just play Sonic Adventure on the DC? :p

hushypushy said:
heh, my SBlive 5.1 had crackly sounds like crazy, i just retired it :p
I found that my SBLive! gave out too much static which got annoying when no sounds were being played. But then after a thunderstorm (and power outage/surge), it died and I bought my SB Audigy 2 which I'm very happy with :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.