Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a sidewinder usb. Can anyone tell me how to make it work on zsnes dos? I already chose it in the inputs and check the sidewinder fix but still didn't recognize it.

Thanks

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
Try pushing the mode button (I think, don't have my sidewinder in front of me) off, then on. It'll turn the little green light on & off. Used to work for me (B4 the newer versions).

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i already tried pushing the mode button a couple of times. Anyway, whats the little green light your talking about? I think i have the old version of sidewinder(9 butons including the mode button). Anymore ideas?

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
Oh, well. The little green light is on the OLD old Sidewinder (MIDI port, not USB). Dunno about these new ones. Anyone else?

·
Registered
313 Posts
i also have a sidewinder, the green light is still there, and i think that's the old one, although it comes with a usb connector to apply to the midi plug. guwapings may have the same model as me.
AS for making it work with znes, have you tried to use that program that comes with the sidewinder that enables you to map any key on your keyboard, maybe it works that way.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i posted this also on zsnes' board. They said usb gamepads don't work in the dos version only in the win ver. And about the cd that came with pad, i haven't tried it. What does it actually do?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is snes9x faster than zsnes now? Cause when i tried TOP/SD3/CT in the win version of zsnes, i get some slowdowns.

·
Registered
313 Posts
my vote also goes to snes9x, as for the cd you asked guwapings, well, i don't know about yours, but mine has this prog that enables you to say that if you press <-- in the joystick , it means that you are pressing left in the keyboard in znes for example, that way you culd asign the keys in znes and then run this prog...altogh i am not sure if it works...(it works with other most of the software and emus i tried)
But like Bubsy said senes 9x (in my opinion) is morte advanced than znes and because it has nothing to do with DOS it is also my best choice to play snes games (my comp is a bit anti-DOS, likes to crash from time to time to show his hate with this OS)

·
Registered
313 Posts
thanks, yours is also very cool.
:D :p ;) :eek: :eek: :eyes: :eyes: :D :cool: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: WATCH OUT WORLD:!!! SMILIES ARE TAKING OVER!!!!!! :D :p ;) :eek: :eek: :eyes: :eyes: :D :cool: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts