Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Not sure if i posted on the correct forum or not. To make long story short, my company is doing online business through a website, in these few years, we keep getting DDOS by some unknown competitors.

Every time we being DDOS-ed, we will activate the DDOS protection and this make the ddos-er not able to bring our website down. Things seem working fine every time the DDOS protection is on, but i noticed one thing, some customers seem not able to login to our website no matter how they try, and i am wondering if there is actually more customers facing the same issues or not.

The technical team seems not awared of such issues or they can't confirm if this is the side effects due to the DDOS protection or not (when i informed them regarding this, they need me to provide all kind of proof, as someone without such techinical knowledge, i just don't know how i could provide them with such info. They just assumed this is customers' network issues not the DDOS protection issues).

So in order to help my company, i am checking if i can get any info regarding the side effect of DDOS protection, would DDOS protection cause side effect like blocking legits users from visiting our website and how do we able to identify this?

Any info is welcome and Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
I'm guessing DDOS protection has something to do with banning IP ranges from making a huge amount of requests in a short amount of time.

Do you know if the protection is banning IP addresses or IP ranges? Banning IP ranges do a good job at preventing the attacker from using a Dynamic IP to get by a specific IP ban, but it might affect legit customers who live in proximity of the attack origin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Nightmare,

Are you sure that users are having issues logging in only while the DDOS protection is enabled? For example, with the DDOS protection turned on, have you tried to login with a "test account" from outside your network to see if it will allow you to?

There's other things to try here, but this is a good starting point.

-Alex

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.