Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Opcode 1d UNK (PC 00000084) (361484,153)

ok this has happened a couple of times to me lately while playing xenogears off an iso i made of the cd. the emulator shuts down and displays this message.

any ideas

im using petes soft driver on a win2k box with a dimond viper 550 tnt card.

if it matters i made the iso with with isobuster

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
usually you get these errors if the game wont work with epsxe at all.

but it could also be a bad bios file

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm i turned off frame skipping and it hasnt crashed since. too bad its slower this way. guess i really need a new graphics card.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
If you can afford it a Geforce2 Pro or Ultra is highly recomended. Or if you have a bunch of money to blow then grab a Geforce 3. Just make sure you get a video card that is well suited for your processor speed so you don't get anything holding back your performance.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Question: why are you using the software driver with tnt card? You may get a framerate improvement with the opengl driver and you don't have to turn filtering on.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Good eye gerbilcannon, I didn't even notice that. Actually D3D is a little faster on TNT cards though. I think its a little faster on all nvidia cards, but it doesn't look quite as nice.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Thanks, I try. ^,^ That's your experience with nVidia cards? Mine is that there is a substantial loss in fps in d3d for me. Tried on a tnt1, tnt2, and geforce2 though I couldn't really notice the loss in the gf2 my system was too strong for it.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the opengl driver is beyond slow. the soft driver is twice as fast. i think im going to get one of the ati radeon 7500 cards when they come out. its on par with gforce 2 pro.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Sounds you like you really need to tweak/upgrade your drivers if you're getting better performance with the software plug-in.
Definitely. Software rendering is completely dependent on processor speed, whereas OpenGL makes use of the video card. Unless you have a monster CPU and a really weak 3D card, OpenGL should be way faster.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts