Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I am having a greal deal in my hands.Currently my system is Pentium III,500mhz.so should I upgrade to AMD Atholon 1.2ghz or not.I am asking this because I have heard that there is a bit problem with AMDs.I mean concerning compatability.SO guys tell me that if I get a AMD will I get some compatability problems or not.By compatability I mean compatability with windows programs,games,emulators and hardware.etc etc.........

Help me urgently

Ali

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
absolutly not. I have an AMD 1.2ghz and everything works just fine, never had an compatibility problems with what came with it or anything else I bought for it.

·
Registered
680 Posts
back when K6 family still around, there is such things like compatibility problems.

But today, AMD and Intel Processors, have the same compatibility from Hardwares and Softwares. Trust Us!

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Yup,for now AMD rules,but they can't rule forever,someday Intel will take back its rank.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well Intel has already aken its rank with Pentium IV Processors.What I need was a confirmation.

Thanks Guys
Ali
http://go.to/aliworld

·
Registered
680 Posts
NOBODY leads the competition for x86 processors today.

Not Intel, not AMD, or even VIA Cyrix.

Intel maybe superior with their most powerful x86 processor in the world (the Xeon - not P4) but AMD balanced it with Athlon MP.
Pentium 4 maybe your 'desktop dream' but Athlon 4 leads the way both in speed and stability

But the weakness is, Pentium 4 and Athlon 4 still a 32 bit processor. the most powerful at the moment would be Mac's G processor, which built on 64 bit technology - but hey, Macintosh sucked.

It's your choice

S

·
0 Posts
Athlon, Athlon, Athlon, oh, and did I mention Athlon? I think you get what I'm trying to say. I have an Athlon 1.2ghz and I wouldn't trade it for anything, except maybe a higher Athlon. Everything, all my PC software, all my business apps., and all my emulators run perfectly w/it. Definately upgrade, you won't regret it if you do.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
216 Posts
As far as I know, Intel aren't keeping backwards compatibility with 32bit apps in their move to 64bit.

Now with new DDR announced, lets see if AMD can really make the break to 500 odd MHz bus in their next chip. Or they will struggle.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay I more thing that I have heard is that the Athlon processors heat up too much...is that true because where I live there are pretty hot temperature.....but winters are coming........but the summers will come again.so........is that true......!

Ali
http://go.to/aliworld

·
Registered
680 Posts
unfortunately, unlike intel's, AMDs are heat problems.
But worry not! With proper cooling system, you can cool down your AMD to 30-40 celcius (same with intel) - many websites offers you the techniques of cooling down AMDs.

I live in tropical area, where the summer is longer than you expected. but my overclocked Duron stays at 35-41 celcius all the time :cool:

C

·
0 Posts
The PIV a winner? ROFL

The PIII with the 'Tulatin' core can outperform a PIV at a higher clockrate. Because of this, Intel is selling it in limited quantities, because it wants it's shit PIV to succeed.

Go Intel! :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
heh...
get a T-Bird, definitely.
There are few benchmarks in which a P4 at a higher clock will beat a T-bird at a lower clockspeed...
I've heard the P4 for servers with more cache is pretty damn good though

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I just contacted an authorized AMD dealer and he said that here are no such problems with AMD..........

1 - 14 of 14 Posts